One and grey

The sun had almost completely set when they made their way down the steep steps of the temple mountain. Luckily, the light dusting off snow from the day before had long melted away, but the wind was still cutting and cold. Being a child of the desert, Rey was shaking uncontrollably.

"We are almost there. I didn't think to bring your coat. I am sorry." Ben sounded guilty.

"It is my fault, I knew better. We just spent more time than I anticipated....which I am glad we did." She managed to smile at him through her chattering teeth.

"I will carry you, that way you will be warmer."

"No. I am fine. We are almost there." She replied sternly.

"If you think I am going to allow you to freeze and put our child in danger-," before he could finish his sentence Chewbacca had already lifted her into his arms, wrapping her in his warm fur. Letting out a sound of disbelief, Ben and Rey quickly glanced at one another realizing that Chewie did not know.

"Uhhhh....well, I didn't have a chance to tell you." Rey braced herself for Chewie's roar, and instead he softly chattered at her.

"I know......right? Believe me it is not what I expected! Or planned....but none of this was planned....it just kind of happened...right, Ben?" Rey's animated expression dropped as she noticed he was several steps ahead, deep in thought. "You know, he isn't going to lighten up in one day....or maybe ever?"

"I heard that."He called back at her.

"I know you did!" She yelled back, smiling.

"But you see Chewie, I just can't help it. I am in love with him. Brooding, serious, angry....and soft...and sweet.." Her voice trailed off as Chewie began to chuckle.

"Alright...alright. Enough." He called out in a firm tone.

She could feel that he was smiling and slightly irritated. This was about as far as she could tease him.

Finally reaching the stone structures, Ben signed from relief. Setting Rey down in front of their hut, Chewie patted her on the head and turned to Ben, grabbing and pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Chewie, are you sure you want to be down by the water? The wind is kicking up and it is so cold. There is a hut next to ours." Rey was concerned.

Shaking his head and chuckling again, he let go of Ben, turned, and made his way down the path toward the falcon.

Rey let out a gasp as Ben lifted her into his arms, carrying her through the doorway.

"Again, Captain Solo? I would think you had come up with a different move?" She teased watching his expression change from joy to intensely serious.

"Nope. I only needed one to catch you and it is the only one I will ever use." He laughed and abruptly stopped. It still felt so unnatural to be happy and free.

"It is ok....you can laugh....we are going to have a long time together and you are going to have to get used to being teased and laughing." She replied, softly touching his confused face.

Forcing the door open with his back, there was a rush a dry warm air that smelled of flowers. Using his foot to kick the door closed, they looked around the small but cozy space to find it had been decorated with bunches of dried and perfectly preserved wild flowers, so many that there were too many to count. Their bed had a new blanket and upon closer look there had been a design made out of dried petals, dark and light. It was the same image from the temple reflecting pool.

"Did you do this?" Rey asked in amazement.

"I wish I could say I did." Ben responded. "They must have done it while we were in the temple."