Songfic #3; Rewrite the stars

*Author's note*

Hey guys been awhile hadn't it? And I bet you didn't expect another chapter of this story even though its fully complete. Well after listening to the GREATEST SHOWMAN soundtrack (it has become my life since I heard it back in Dec. when the movie came out) and after writing the complicated relationship after Rauri's betrayal, this song just kept coming into mind. So imagine this chapter sometime around 26 before the marriage proposal so here is yet another songfic for you guys. And if you don't agree with the song choice just leave cause I FRICKIN LOVE THIS SONG!!

And on a side note, who is ready for Infinity War? Leave a comment to let me know. Enjoy reading my lovelies i DO NOT own the song (unfortunately)

______________________________________________________________

I was told by Mitchell that both Dean and Sam needed to see me in mine and Rauri's secret oasis spot but for what reason I had no idea. I arrived at the oasis and just being here made my stomach do flips and my heart quench a bit in both adoration and heartbreak. I soon caught a familiar scent and muttered.

"I should've known you were behind this".

"I didn't think you'd come if I had told you myself". Rauri said as he came out from the bushes.

"You're right I wouldn't have, I thought I told you to leave me alone Rauri".

"(Y/n) please just....."

"No Rauri. Not this time! I trusted you, I gave you my heart and you ended up stomping on it. Then you redeemed yourself only to die in front of me and for some miraculous miracle you survive and expect me to go back to the way things were. Rauri I.....I can't do this again". I turned away from him trying to keep my tears in when he began to sing.

*Rauri*

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

I felt him wrap his arms around me and spin me around to face him but as I would try to walk away from him, he would pull me back to him in a spin trying to sweep me off my feet like he once did. Stroking my face and urging me to look into his eyes.

*Rauri*

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

Unaware for him, I opened up a portal just beneath me and disappeared under it.

Rauri looked around confused until he saw just above him holding onto a vine was me as I slowly came down before him. I stood in front of him stroking his hair strands out of his face before tugging on the vine and using my mystic arts on it, it swung me high up into the trees.

*Me*

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that

We can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see

That it was hopeless after all

I know stood on a branch of a tree still holding the vine before swinging down towards him like a trapeze artist before coming back around towards him. However this time, he caught me and spun me around while holding me bridal style but I flipped out of his arms and leaped up towards the trees and hid within the thick leaves and behind wide trunks. Unaware that Rauri was on the other side of my tree.

*Me*

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you

Were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

Our hands met each other's and he quickly came in front of me and kept walking towards me as we battled it out about our heart's desire.

*Both*

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you

It feels impossible (it's not impossible)

Is it impossible?

Say that it's possible

Suddenly I felt myself falling down 20 feet towards the ground but before I knew it, Rauri caught my hand and brought me close to his arms as his other hand was gripping onto a vine as the two of us swung in a circle.

I then took notice of another vine and grabbed it and proceeded to swing in the opposite direction but the two of us still locking eyes with each other before finally joining together.

Our vines intertwined with each other and Rauri and I chest to chest with each other and each arm holding the other close as our foreheads touched one another's.

*Both*

How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
'Cause you are the one

I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours

As we both landed on the ground softly panting as our foreheads were just barely touching each other's, our breath mixing together in sweet intoxication like it once did. It was then I finally gave him my answer.

*Me*

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break

And my hands are tied

The fact he had still lied to me and used me to get to Bad Wolf for him and Connor, not to mention he almost had my big brother killed and I....I just couldn't look past it as I turned away from him and walked back to the sanctuary.