/ / 5. CHOCOLATE //

The headache of last night's good time rolling over was inevitable. Ellie sat up, looking at her phone, and the time. It was seven o'clock, meaning she'd slept the entire day through. She opened her texts.

Holly (29).

Matty (2).

Her heart skipped several beats in her chest, she quickly opened the chat to read.

"Hey, how did it go?" ten o'clock in the morning.

"Are you busy?" twenty minutes ago.

She responded, "I just woke up...lol. It went fine, only person who caught me was Alex. No I'm not busy, why what's up?" Then tossed her phone aside, with a smile so true it became hard to rid. She got up to look in the mirror, the bags under her eyes were terrible, and her with the way her hair looked you'd swear she had survived a twister of some sort.

Her phone's vibration buzzed against the bed sheets. She quickly made her way back to the bed and grabbed it.

"Me and the guys are just rolling around, was wondering if you wanted to come?"

Ellie hesitated, her parents rarely let her out when it was touching dark, since the last time she'd gotten caught stealing when they did. She didn't understand why they wouldn't let it go, she was thirteen years old and it was a pair of earrings for crying out loud. If they'd just given her money, she wouldn't have had to steal in the first place...and she was following that Stacey chick around. She was known for shop lifting all around their private school at the time.

She didn't want to tell him she had to go ask her parents, she didn't want to seem like such a kid. She fixed her hair a bit and headed downstairs to see her parents at the couch playing chess. They were so boring, she never wanted to be in a relationship like her parents' when she got older. Playing chess on their off days and doing work in the offices all the time. It was sickening, they had no lives.

Jean Moore, was a rather tall and lanky woman with dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. She had a large smile, and always wore the color pink. James Moore, was a tall and lanky man, with dark brown hair and green eyes...who both Alex and Ellie had gotten their own from.

"Mum?"

Mrs. Moore turned around, "oh look James she's finally risen." She laughed.

Mr. Moore smirked, finishing off his move and looking up to see Ellie.

Ellie refrained from rolling her eyes, she faked a smile and sat down at the opposite couch. "Mum, uh, can I go out?"

"With who?" She asked, "Holly's not home we talked to her parents and they told us you two went out with Alex last night?"

"What?" Ellie sighed, why would Holly tell her parents?

"You heard me." Mrs. Moore raised an eyebrow, examining the board before her.

"Can I just go? I'm going with some friends from school."

Both her parents looked at one another, "Ellie, it'll be night soon. Your grades aren't necessarily the best, maybe you should consider opening a book instead." Mr. Moore said.

She sighed heavily and stood up, "fine." She headed back upstairs and slammed her door.

She went to the closet and pulled out something to wear, a halter with ripped jeans and her cardigan sweater. "Guess I'll just have to sneak out." She mumbled. She was tired of her parents always securing her and trying to tell her what to do.

In no time she'd be done with school and not need them at all. She wanted more freedom, and to be treated more like an adult than a child. Being the youngest in the household, that absolutely never happened...