/ / 14. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME / /

Matty shut the door quietly as he began to take off his jacket, trying his best to avoid waking Ellie. He felt strange, after what happened back at her house with Alex. With no intention on telling her, he hoped Alex wouldn't tell her either anywhere down the line. He set his jacket down on the couch and went to the kitchen, searching for the quickest meal.

Ellie came out from the bedroom, her hair pulled up in a bun and his shirt hanging off her shoulder. He turned around, "hey."

"Hey..." She said softly, watching him dig through the freezer. "Are you hungry? Why don't we go out to eat...or tell me what you want and I can make it." She said.

"Still don't think we should be so fast to go out...we have to let this shop robbery die down first." He said, sighing and turning around, avoiding eye contact with her, "I'll make this." He pulled out a microwave pizza.

Ellie took a seat at the table, watching him prepare it. "Matty?"

He turned around slightly, "yeah?"

"Are you mad at me or something?" She asked.

He shook his head, "no, why?"

She shrugged, looking away, "I dunno. You just seem to...not want to really hang out, or talk...or anything...if you're tired of me I can leave..."

Matty sighed, "I'm not tired of you, Ellie-"

"Then what?" She asked.

"Why do you put so much of a weight on me to treat you like a girlfriend when you have someone who calls you so already?" He walked back into the living room, grabbing a cig from the pockets of his jacket.

"Matty, we've already talked about this-"

He lit the cig and came back in, "I know that, so why are you asking me if I'm tired of you? I'm not tired of you, I'm tired of us and you know it."

"There is no us but-"

"Then stop acting like it." He mumbled with the cigarette between his lips. "You wanna date Andrew, fuck me and expect feelings in addition, well I'm tired of the games. I'm not your typical stoned eighteen year old, this isn't fun anymore. Its only fun to you because you sit and get stoned with..." He thought for a moment before exaggerating the truth, "thirty year olds... and you think you've made it." He pulled the pizza from the microwave carefully as it beeped finished.

Ellie got onto her feet, heading back to the bedroom and slamming the door. He sighed, leaving the pizza on the counter and following her, opening the door back.

"Ellie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say all that." He said.

With a face covered in tears she ignored him, grabbing one of the coke baggies from the drawer.

"Ellie c'mon, you've been doing this too much." He attempted to take it from her, as she put up a fight and wouldn't let go.

"What do you care?" She asked.

"You act like a fucking child Ellie what's wrong with you?!"

"What's wrong with me?! What's wrong with you?! You come through the door angry with the world and all I ask is if you're mad or tired of me and you blow up at me and that's how we got here!" She finally let go of the bag.

Matty sighed, knowing she was right. He threw the bag on the table and paced the floors, "I'm sorry, alright." He continued.

She wiped her face, sitting at the edge of the bed, feeling like absolutely nothing.

"There's a lot on my mind." He said.

"Well then talk to me...don't take it out on me." She said.