/ / 17. FRIENDS / /

The sky shined a bright orange from the rising sun, sending light through the windows of the van. Ellie ducked her head down as Matty lifted her onto his lap, kissing her roughly and running his hand up her thigh. As much as she didn't want to, she pulled away from his lips, cupping his face in her hands.

"I really should go, my parents and Alex are probably wondering where I am." She said softly, "and after the scene I'd made when they didn't believe me about the money, I think they're a little too scared to ask."

Matty wrapped his arms around her waist tightly as she sat on his lap, "stay." He mumbled.

She laughed softly, kissing all over his face before pushing it away playfully. He smiled and let go of her, watching her climb off his lap.

"You sure you don't want to come in?" She asked, "its better to get it over with..." she said, referring to him having to face Alex.

He pulled his leather jacket on, running his hands through his hair slowly, "I promise I'll come back...later..."

She could see the need for sleep in his eyes which bags collected beneath. Without doubt he was tired and slightly hung over. Ellie nodded, grabbing her bag and getting out of the back seat, with him following to get to the driver's seat.

"Bye." She said, looking around to make sure they were alone, as he did the same.

"Alright, baby." He kissed her cheek quickly, just in case anyone away from eye's view was around.

She smiled and headed up the street to her house, quick in the pace she walked as the air was chill against her arms. She ran up the driveway, shaking her hair out as if to rid any unfamiliar scents to her family into the air. She took her keys out, opening the door and seeing her parents on their way out.

"There you are..." Mrs. Moore sighed in relief, "where have you been?!"

"Out..." Ellie shrugged, seeing their suitcases and other luggage in hand, "where are you guys going?" She asked.

"To visit your uncle, his birthday week...remember?" Mrs. Moore answered.

"Of course she doesn't." Mr. Moore mumbled, wheeling his bag out to the car.

Ellie rolled her eyes as she turned her back to them, of course...at least try to be smart around them.

"Can you do us a favor, Ellie?" Mr. Moore asked.

"What?" Ellie asked, pushing her hair back as it fell into her face, she hadn't realized just how many habits she'd picked up from Matty...from the messy hair to not giving a single fuck anymore.

"Keep an eye on your brother...now I know what you're thinking, he's older than you and-"

"No, it's fine." She nodded, already knowing where the conversation was heading, "I will. You two have fun." She said.

Her mother and father looked at her in confusion, being that she hadn't simply obeyed them with no fuss in a long time.

"Alright...be good..." Mrs. Moore hugged her tightly, Ellie wrapped her arms around her just as tight, missing the comfort she once felt from her before they'd been so distant on her own accord.

"Seriously." Mr. Moore glared at her sternly as she and her mother pulled away, Ellie couldn't help but smirk as she nodded.

They headed out of the front door, Ellie locked up before carrying her bag upstairs as she saw Alex coming down.

"They're gone?" He asked.

She nodded, noticing his clothes, a nice fitted black tee underneath his leather jacket and dark denim jeans.