/ / 19. STOP / /

Matty pulled up to the Moore house, completely uninterested in seeing Alex of all people. Alex stood up from the bench, fixing his hair and opening the door to the passenger's side. Matty continued on the road before he could shut the door properly...as a way to show him that his anger still lingered.

Alex sighed, feeling stupid to now have to face him with no other choice. They drove into the night in silence, searching the streets for Ellie.

"When's the last you saw her?" Matty finally spoke up.

Alex kept his eyes on the outside, the worry of her safety aching every bit of him. "After I punched you in the nose." He said dully.

Matty looked over at him quickly, rolling his eyes as Alex's back faced him. He thought for a moment as he waited at the light. He cleared his throat a bit, giving himself time as he contemplated the topic.

"I know you probably hate me--"

"Damn right." Alex said, now staring straight ahead.

Matty continued driving as the lights finally flashed and changed green.

"If you were going to be a dick the entire time why didn't you just search for her yourself and let me search for her myself?" He asked.

"Because if you found her first I wouldn't want her going home with you." Alex said, sitting back in his seat and placing his sunglasses over his eyes...they made him feel more private, not so exposed to the world, or topics in which he hated.

"Alex, grow up. Okay, I'm sorry. I told you at least about a thousand times. That doesn't change or fix anything but if it wasn't me with Ellie it could have been someone else. She's an attractive girl, its not like no one else sees it. She's amazing, she's smart, she's funny as hell..." He knew better than to mention her skill in the art of love making, "Ask yourself, would you be this mad if it wasn't me?"

"You're my friend--"

"Yes or no?"

Alex crossed his arms, ignoring the question and jumping to his own, "why did you fucking kiss me then, if you were fucking my sister the entire time."

Matty made a swift turn, feeling uncomfortable as his eyes scanned the sidewalks. "I know it seems odd to you, and I'm sorry. I fucked up. I felt weird about leaving when you kissed me." He explained, "so I kissed you. To see why...if maybe something was there, or not. There wasn't."

Alex had grown to dislike Matty so much over the course of the party and now that he no longer cared. All he could do was try to keep the images of Matty and Ellie doing anything together out of his mind, as they made him feel sicker than ever.

"Do you love Ellie?" Alex asked.

Matty looked over at him without thinking twice, "I do."

------------------------------------------------------

Alex sat in his car, which stood parked in the driveway. With no possible places he could have missed coming to mind, he sighed and got out, slamming the door behind him. He turned around quickly as he felt a presence, seeing Holly.

"Hey...what...did you leave something?" He asked.

She shook her head, "I just wanted to talk to you...but you seem kind of..not in the mood."

"If you want me to apologize to Ellie for you or something, I won't. You did the right thing by telling me." He locked up the car and made his way to the front door, opening it.

"No," she laughed slightly, "I wanted to tell you that it was really attractive the way you went after Matty tonight." She said. He turned around to see a smirk on her face as he went through the door.