Chapter 9 - The Meeting of Two Individuals

An awkward silence filled the room. Just as it reached the point of suffocation, a loud figure clothed in black burst into the room.

"Young Master! I couldn't catch the assassins--"

The guard from earlier abruptly froze at seeing Feng Yao still on top of Hui Yi in a suggestive position. Slowly, the guard's face turned as red as a tomato. Quicker than Feng Yao knew was possible, he flung his hands over his eyes as he spun himself around to face the wall. 

"Y-y-young M-master! I a-apologize for not r-realizing that you were currently b-busy." His frazzled stuttering turned into a frantic whisper. "But should the Old Madam know about what you're doing right now, she would surely cut off your--"

Suddenly, a teacup was thrown out of the blue towards the guard's head. Despite being turned around, the guard managed to easily catch the cup with one hand still shyly covering his eyes.

"You idiot." Hui Yi's low and cold voice no longer sounded anything like the feminine tone he'd been using earlier. 

Yep. He's deeeefinitely a guy. 

Feng Yao's eyes glanced down at the man beneath her who had just impassively chucked the cup, but he refused to meet her eyes. 

She looked closely at him. Were the tips of his ears turning slightly red or was it just her imagination?

"Young Master...how hurtful..." The guard, who was now hugging the wall for comfort, sounded like he'd just been terribly wronged. After all, he did just get a tea cup randomly thrown at his head by his master.

Feng Yao looked back and forth between the two men with curious eyes.

Are all Young Masters like this? Dressing up as a beautiful women while mastering the art of  teacup flinging?

Fu fu fu, looks fun!

Suddenly, Feng Yao felt her entire body tip over. Before she could understand what was happening, she had already been forcibly rolled like a grilled potato and was now laying flat on her back with the heavy Hui Yi on top. But instead of her face showing the fear that a young maiden currently being pinned down by a mysterious man should have, there was a strange excitement emanating from her suspiciously bright eyes.

Oh dear, ho ho. Someone must be getting impatient. To make such a bold move on a fragile woman like me in broad daylight...

As if sensing her indecent thoughts, the man sharply turned his gaze down at her, but his icy demeanor did nothing to the Feng Yao who was now blinking innocently at him. 

At that moment, the guard secretly peeked between his fingers. Upon seeing that his Young Master and Feng Yao's position had switched once again, his face began heating up even more. From where he was, it looked like they were passionately gazing at each other.

"Y-young Master! The Old Madam instructed me to tell you that such bold behaviors must wait until nighttime! Please save me from her wrath and control your hot-bloodedness!!"

The guard immediately shut up his tearful sobs when Hui Yi shot him a chilling glare. While Hui Yi was distracted, Feng Yao took the opportunity to study his features. 

Earlier, he'd been wearing makeup that made his sharp features softer like a women. Now that it was smeared, his true features were starting to show through. 

From her angle, she could see a clear-cut jawline along with his straight nose. His frowning mouth was still also slightly red with lipstick. From behind the remains of his makeup, clear and unblemished milky skin peaked out.