022

Sammy Walcott

I barely slept last night. After my run in the rain, I stayed awake for most of the night. I don't know when I finally drifted off to sleep but it was surely too late. I was still sleepy and my limbs felt sore.

Fuck Elijah.

I dragged my feet downstairs, in dire need of caffeine to wake me up. "Morning Mum," I greeted grabbing my ready mug. "How was your night?"

"Peachy." She replied. "How was yours?"

"Not enough. I'll need another mug to survive today." I say. She smiled going around to fix me another coffee.

"School trouble?"

"Yea..."

"Well not to add to your troubles but Dennis haven't really returned home in three nights."

I dropped my empty mug down to think. "That's good right? Could he be gone for good?"

"I don't think so." She dropped the new mug crossing her hands. "His things are still here. This could either be good or big trouble."

My jaw ticked but I was honestly too tired to even think much about this. "It'll be fine mum."

She nodded ending the conversation. She probably saw that I wasn't in the mood for it. I had enough problem on my plate. Problems about my feelings and problems about my sexuality. I also had two test today and a lacrosse game in two days.

Life should just give me a break already. I need some sleep.

The rain was still drizzling by the time I left home. I looked over at Elijah's house, drawing my hood over my head. Would he still need a ride today? How's his leg? And who brought the car out to the road? I didn't need to think much because the car that was parked out started revising until it was right in front of my house.

I squinted my eyes in curiosity as the glass lowered and Elijah's smiling face came into view from the driver's seat. I felt a flutter at just seeing his face.

"What? Is Sammy Walcott afraid of getting wet?" He asked with his usual charming smile and jocular personality and here I thought things would be awkward. "Come on its just a little rain. No harm."

I scoffed. "I'm not afraid dummy. Just thinking about my next step."

"As long as it ends up with you in the car, think as much as you want." He says rolling the windows back up.

I got into the car soon after, dusting water off my hood. "Happy now?"

"Totes." He says with a smile driving off. "I'm hungry, are you?"

"I don't do breakfast." I told him.

"And you don't do lunch. I'm not sure you even do dinner." He says trying to look at me, while driving at the same time.

I shifted uncomfortably in the leather seat. Okay my eating routine is whack and I barely eat, but who cares. I'm still breathing and can still throw a punch around. "Doesn't matter Elijah."

"Matters a whole lot Sammy, you're my only friend and you might look fine but one day, you'll just drop and that we'll be a problem."

"For? For me right? My problem." I said getting irritated already, I don't know if he knows about my anger issues, but he shouldn't be messing with me when I'm bloody tired. "Let it go."

"Fine." He says surprising me. Wow, he is wise afterall. "But I barely got any sleep last night, I'll need caffeine if I'm going to survive today."