031

Sammy Walcott

I moved towards Vittorio and the guys surrounding me. Nobody paid me any attention and I noticed Vittorio watching the match intensely. Wincing every time a particular big guy got hit and that was practically every time because the big guy was dying out there. I watched the match for a while, noticing the other opponent and doing a little math in my head.

"Poor guy's dying out there." I finally said, managing a nonchalant laid back voice. "Put money on him?"

Vittorio groaned gulping down half a beer bottle. "A lot of money and he's out there messing up. I'm gonna kill him if I end up losing a fortune to this."

"Can't switch up?"

He groaned again, "Can but all this other guys already had their ass handed out to them tonight. The others are working else where."

"Okay I'll do it." I said and he finally turned to me, taking note of the person he's been talking to.

"You, switch up and fight that?" He asked raising both brows. I nodded and he brushed me off. "Stop joking kid."

"I ain't joking. I can take him. I haven't fought at all tonight. I've got a good chance." I said pressing on.

He looked as if he was thinking about it. "For how much?"

Yes! "No money." I said and that really got him.

"No consequence on me?"

"Yup, it's all me."

After that he was pretty convinced and after a few words were exchanged, the dying guy on the ring was exchanged with me. Yes the guy was bigger than me. But he has been fighting, he had weaknesses I could use.

I hope this goes well.

--*--*--

So I got my ass handed out to me.

Yes, I beat the first dude and won the match for Vittorio but in other to really be on Vittorio's good side, I decided to fight again and again and again. Out of five fights. I managed to win three. With no distractions and a goal in mind, I was pretty good.

By the time I was out of the ring, everything hurt and I could barely see. But I could hear Vittorio's laughter clearly.

"Chap, you've got spirit. I like you." I didn't say anything, just rested on the hood of his car. "Now, what exactly do you need from me that made you go through this."

"A favour." I managed out, spitting out blood. Damn, I'm gonna have a whole lot of bruises.

"What kind?"

"I need you to help me with somebody."

He laughed, "Chap, you want me to kill for you?"

--*--*--

I don't know how I made it home but by the time I was inside my room I was damn sure that I'd broken more one bone. I stumbled down to the ground, my eyes dropping close. Tomorrow. Everything would be fine tomorrow.

"Sammy?" I heard a voice just before the lights flicked on. "Sammy!"

I forced my eyes open in confusion, recognizing Elijah's voice immediately. He rushed to my side, his arms looking like he wanted to hug me and at the same time, not touch me at all.

"Sammy what the hell happened?"

"What-- what are you doing here?" I turned to look around to make sure I was not in the wrong room. Its my room alright.

"I didn't leave. I couldn't. Its been two hours, waiting for you. What happened? Where you ambushed? Robbers?" He asked voice thick with worry. I opened my mouth to say something but Elijah silenced me. "No, I'm not leaving. Yes, I know its late and I shouldn't be here but I can't-- I can't leave you. Not like this."

I smiled, then winced. "Dummy, I would hug you but everything hurts so... later?"

Elijah smiled, "I'm holding unto that." He frowned eyes going through my body. "Tell me later?"

I watched him for a moment before slowly nodding. He nodded too. "So since you're here instead of at the entrance of a hospital, I'm guessing you don't want to go to a hospital?"

I nodded, eyes half closed. I think I heard him say something in the likes of 'okay' right before I heard my cloth rip into two, jolting me back to the land of the living. "Dude-- that cost money."

"I owe you a new shirt then, too bloody anyway. Where the hell is your first aid and can you please stay awake?"

That was the last I heard from him. He must have said other things or was just too serious to say anything. Elijah cleaned up all my wounds, bandaging my broken ribs. Half the top of my chest was wrapped up and I had plasters here and there. I would've asked how he came to know how to do all this but I was not conscious enough.

I remembered him wrapping his arms around me just before I let myself sink into the abyss of a well deserved sleep.

--*--*--

I woke up to the sound of Elijah waking me up. Not the kettle, Elijah.

"Hey." He said looking blurry through my eyes. "Sorry I didn't want to wake you up but I had to. I'm sorry."

"Its fine." I answered my voice, hoarse and rough. Elijah helped me up and handed me a glass of water that I finished in one drink. "Good morning?"

"Morning?" He laughed, sitting on the bed and dropping down a carton of Pizza. "Its evening, sleepy head. You slept all through the day."

"Wow." I believed him because the time also said so and I felt so refreshed. My injuries still hurt but I was ten times better than I was last night. I smirked at Elijah. "Nurse Elijah... hmm has a nice ring to it."

He chuckled, "I'm not a nurse. Just picked up a few things when spending all my time with my mum in the hospital."

I nodded in understanding. "Mommy's boy."

"Well it's either her or my dad so..." He trailed off then presented the pizza boxer. "I suck at cooking but you have to eat something."

"You don't get along with your dad?" I asked opening the box of Pizza, it was piping hot. And cheesy.

"Yeah, we haven't really gotten along since forever. He's a good guy but I guess I didn't like the fact that he made me and mum leave home. Then he's not always around. Work here and there. Leaving us here and coming to visit would have been the same thing." He shrugged. "I don't hate him though."

I nodded, "I don't get along with my step dad too."

"Yeah, I saw that the last time."

"But in his case, he is the absolute worst. But that's a story for another day." I mumbled painfully reaching for a slice of pizza.

"I'm here Sammy, anything you need. I'm here." Elijah said bringing out his own slice of pizza.

I smiled, despite all the pain. I believed him and I can't wait to tell him everything. He's here for me, the greatest ally I will and can ever have. I'm super grateful that's he's here, cos God only knows where I'll be now if not for him.

-----------------

More Emmi in the next chapter. Things are getting real and soon the trash would be picked up.

😉

©CriticallyIntense