035

Sammy Walcott

Tomorrow was the trial. I was edgy. I'm a firm believer of the Murphy law; if anything could go wrong, It would.

It wasn't easy, so it definitely would work. Its surprising that I haven't blown off yet, with school and Dennis, I have every right to say this month was hellish. I just need to put Dennis behind bars and my life would get some kind of normalcy.

But what is normalcy for me? For years now I've been stuck in Step father hell. My normal has been, school, anger, tears. Mostly anger. Now what? My head automatically turned to the person spooning behind me and I felt a flutter in my heart.

Elijah Gracia.

That just answered my question. Its like I look at him —his drowning brown eyes, amazing body, beautiful smile, overall crazy attitude — and I literally see the rest of my life. Its crazy, too sappy for Sammy Walcott and just... But that's how I feel. Elijah changed me. No, Elijah brought me back. Dennis was the one who changed me and all I needed was someone to be there for me. I've got him now.

I removed Elijah's hand from over me and got out of the bed. Going over to get some air from the window. Nothing would go wrong. Everything would go as planned. There isn't any flaw. And even though Dennis is an evil incarnate. Even he can't avoid this.

I felt a hand go through my arms, embracing me. I sighed relaxing into him. He didn't say anything but his silence said a lot. He understood me and he was here for me. No matter what.

--*--*--

"Is this Sammy Walcott?" A bold voice asked through the phone.

I frowned sitting up straight. "Who's asking?"

"Detective Riva from state police." The voice replied sounding impatient.

"Yes, its him." I answered now alert. Elijah looked away from the stove rushing to my side. Mona and my mum stopped bringing out the dishes immediately, turning to me worry written all over their faces.

Please don't give me bad news. Please. Please.

"I'm sorry to say but Dennis Ferrera committed suicide last night."

Oh

"What?!" Elijah shouted and I noticed that I had put the phone in loud speaker. Elijah didn't get a response as the call ended.

We all shared a look as I sat down removing the tie from my neck. It was already uncomfortable, thank God I don't have to hear it anymore.

"He committed suicide?" Elijah asked again. Still not believing it. I pat his back, nodding.

"That's so Dennis like." Mum says. "He was probably too scared to go to jail. Too many enemies."

Two words tugged at my mind. Good riddance. I know that's horrible of me. I'm a horrible person, sue me.

"May his soul rest in peace?" Mona asked.

Eh...

-----------------------

I killed him. Sue me!

©CriticallyIntense