2) Not So Happy Reunion

Brooke P.O.V

"Brooke, is that you could you come in here please?" My mom yells from the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and see my mom making all sorts of food and drinks.

"Mom....whatcha doin?" I ask grabbing an apple out of the fridge.

"We are having guests over for dinner tonight." I watch as she quickly puts something in a crockpot.

We haven't had anybody over for dinner since the Polly's moved across the street...that was when my parents got a divorce...

"Hey, mom...who's coming over exactly?" I ask resting my chin on my hand as I bit into the apple.

"I can't say, I was told not to." She says with a small giggle. I look at her weirdly. My mom giggling....that's new.

"Call me down when they're here," I say heading quickly towards the steps.

Please don't stop me. Please don't stop me.

"Hey, honey?"

Shit. Please don't make me wear something nice.

"Yeah, mom?"

"They should be here around five, " I say a simple okay and then head upstairs.

It's only 2:45 so I have another like 2 hours until they'll be here. Might as well watch Youtube while I wait.

•••

"Brooke are you ready, they're going to be here in fifteen minutes!" My sister yells up at me, waking me up from my nap.

"Shit," I quietly say to myself as I pop out of bed. "Almost!" I yell as I grab a Crew long sleeve shirt with some light wash jean shorts and some cute white knitted socks.

I quickly run out of my room and make my way to the bathroom where I look at myself in the mirror and let me say my hair was not looking pretty

I quickly run out of my room and make my way to the bathroom where I look at myself in the mirror and let me say my hair was not looking pretty. I quickly throw my hair into a messy bun and put on some more mascara.

"They're here!" My sister Grace yells as she runs past the bathroom.

"Oh, my godddd Maria!"I hear a voice squeal from downstairs.

"You haven't changed one bit! Please, please come in" I hear my mom say as I take one last look at myself. I look pretty good not going to lie. Okay, Brooke stop looking at yourself and go downstairs already! I quickly make my way downstairs and instantly see my mom talking to a woman who has her back turned to me. I lightly clear my throat and my mom's eyes look at me along with the all to familiar face of the women.

"Megan?" I say breathlessly.

"Omg, look at you! You've grown into such a beautiful woman!" Megan says as she scans me. I give her a big smile as I run towards her giving her a big hug.

"You have no clue how much I've missed your hugs," I say as I pull away from her. She gives me a gentle smile.

Megan is my mom's middle school best friend. Her husband, Joe, is my dad's middle school best friend. As a kid I remember, they were over constantly with my best...

I freeze and gulp. "Um..where's...um...Noah?" I say nervously, Megan looks at me and rubs my arms.

"Honey you have no need to be nervous. He may be grown up but he's still Noah...at times." I frown at her choice of words. "He's in the car with a blindfold on right now." She says laughing a little.

"Joe honey!" She yells covering my ears. I watch as Joe comes running into the room. "Go get the kids." He nods as he quickly gives me a hug then bolts out the door.

I honestly have no clue how to feel right now. Should I be happy that he's back? Should I still be mad at him for leaving without a word all those years ago? Should I not talk to him because of all the hurt he's caused me over the years? What if he's a nerd that plays golf and collects pokemon card? (Not shading anyone that does) What if he's completely different and doesn't remember me? My head snaps to the door as I hear it open. In walks a buff tall guy with a sharp jawline and messy dark brown hair. He still has the blindfold on as Joe guides him into the living room and sits him on the couch. I watch from the stairs as he takes off his blindfold and see's my parents. I watch as he stands up quickly.

"Noah you've grown into such a handsome boy." My mom says as she gives him a big hug, he hugs her back.

My mom looks at me from the staircase. Noah slowly starts to turn around and my heart stops as I see a pair of dark brown eyes looking right at me.

"No." I say making my way towards him. He just stares at me in shock "No no no no."

His eyes scan my face. I look up at him unable to say anything. He lets out a little laugh running his hand through his hair.

"Look-" I begin to say but before I can say anything my mom begins to speak.

"We should start eating. MEGAN WERE EATING!" I watch as two kids run into the kitchen and sit down at the table. One was Jenna, the girl from this morning. Another being the guy from the backseat of Noah's car. I watch as Noah goes past me and sits down next to Jenna and his mother. As for me I lucked out and had to sit in the only available spot. Next to the guy from this morning and my mother.

"Glad you could join us, honey." My mom says sarcastically making Megan laugh a little. I roll my eyes shaking my head. These girls are going to be the death of me.

My head snaps towards the feeling of someone tapping me lightly. It's the guy from this morning. "You may not remember me but I'm Ryan."He extends his hand for me to shake and I take it.

"Your right about that, I don't really remember you. But I guess I know you now." He smiles nodding his head.

"Your right about that, and I'm excited to see where this new friendship will lead us." I give him a small smile as I take a bite of my potato.

"Hate to break up this little staring contest, but I have nobody to talk to so I'm joining your guy's conversation," Noah says waving around a piece of steak on a fork. I look at him for a second taking in his features. "I know you haven't seen me in quite a few years but it doesn't mean you have to stare sweet-cheeks. Staring is rude." He smirks. I gap at his sudden change in tone. He went from polite to cocky dickhead in a second.

"Noah, back off a bit..." Ryan begins but Noah starts also.

"No. Last time I checked you didn't get to control my fucking actions." I gasp at him as I listen to his words. "Just because you like her doesn't mean I have to." My eyes snap down to the table as I feel the tears prickle in my eyes.

"Noted." Is all I say to him.

That sentence right there hurt. Hurt bad. Hurt worse than when he left. But I don't need to let him know that. I don't need to cry over it.

I clear my throat looking at my mom."May I be excused." I say almost weakly, but she is so engaged in her conversation with Megan that both of them didn't hear what Noah said, and right now all the words that are coming out of my mouth aren't being heard by her. So I quickly get up by myself putting my plate in the sink and head upstairs as tears threaten to spill out of my eyes.

He's not the same...

    •••

Picture of Noah at the very beginning of the story^^  

Hope you enjoyed!!