6)Shut Out

"What are you doing-" He begins but I shush him. Looking in the drawers I find a bottle of rubbing alcohol and washcloth.

"Brooke it doesn't even-"

"Shut up."

"But-"

"Shut up," I say again as I take a warm washcloth and clean up the dry blood. I sit on the edge of the bathtub and dab the cloth on his hand. I can feel him looking down at me and to be honest, it isn't uncomfortable.

Grabbing the rubbing alcohol I pour some on the cloth. "This may hurt a bit," I say quickly looking up at him. He nods his head quietly and I look back down at his hand. As I begin to dab the cloth on his cut he flinches a bit and pulls away.

"Stop being stubborn and let me see your hand." I glare at him and hold out my hand for him to place his in mine. But he doesn't. "Look I told you it was going to hurt now. Give. Me. Your. Hand." He places his hand in mine and I rub circles on the top of his hand with my thumb as I dab the cloth on his hand.

Once I finish I clean up my mess and begin to walk out of the bathroom, but a hand wraps around my wrist making me turn. Noah stares at me for a few seconds before speaking. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything." I frown my eyebrows in confusion."I'm sorry for calling you a bitch, it was uncalled for. I judged you because I thought you've grown to be like other girls but...you haven't." I give him a quick small smile.

"Thank you for the apology." He gives me a small smile and lets go of my hand.

"Thank you for fixing my hand up. You really didn't have to." I nod giving acknowledgment to his thank you.

"But you know, it doesn't have to change anything between us. You can stick with your little dickhead football group and I'll stick with mine. No need to become all buddy buddy when you hate me."He frowns his eyebrows at me.

"I-I don't hate you," He pauses for a few moments contemplating whether he should finish his sentence or not."I...like you in my life. But I think it's best for us to keep our distance." I bite my lip holding back my tears, as he stands up and I quickly look down at my feet. He gently lifts my chin with his knuckle making me stare into his dark brown eyes. "I want you in my life again, Brooke, but it's not in our cards."

As I look into his sincere eyes a tear drops down my cheek making him wipe it away furiously. "I know, I know-" He begins to soothe me but the door busts open making us both jump.

"What the hell is happening here?!" Austin barges in the bathroom and pulls me into his chest. "What the hell did you do to her Noah!?" He yells stroking my hair in an attempt to comfort me.

"Hey Austin?" I freeze at the sound of Hunter's voice.

I tug at Austin's shirt in panic. "I said WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!?" He barks at Noah.

"Austin....Hunter...no..stop, please." I sob trying to get a full sentence out.

"Oh sorry...I'll leave you guys be," Hunter says as he begins to walk out the bathroom door, but Austin turns making him stop and look at me. The look on his face scared me senseless, he looked over at Noah and pointed to the door.

"Go out there and don't come back in Brooke." I shake my head and wipe the tears off my cheeks.

"He didn't-"

"NOW!" I flinch at his tone towards me.

"What the fuck man, she isn't your slave, you can't boss her around," Noah slurs getting closer to Hunter. Hunter grabs me out of Austin's hold and flings me out the door locking it so I can't intervene with them.