In The Dark

I swear if I drop my head against this table one more time, I'll break my nose.

That's how I felt in every class. In each class it was just this teacher saying this and that teacher saying that. All in the same monotone voice like they needed to be here. If they didn't want to be teachers then they should go be cleaners or something.

Point being, my nose was aching.

To be honest it only took two periods, not as much as I had anticipated but still.

With Psyche gone, I was an outcast. Even more so the dynamic had completely change. Okay, wait let me back up for y'all to understand.

I got here just as I predicted past ten. I immediately ran into my friend Calum. He and I were apart of this group that didn't really deal with drama. If you leave and come back, they'll act like nothing happened. That's exactly what I needed.

Calum told me all about how school had changed. The typical new players, new hoes and etc. My arrival at school didn't go unnoticed especially with the RX-7 making so much noise. People were still staring at me but because I used to be the number one player or I used to be a gangleader, I don't know. Since I revealed my identity when the Hydras went after Zoe, everyone knew who I was.

"There's a new player though." Calum told me while walking to IT.

"A new player like the rest or...?" I asked gesturing to me. He nodded.

"His super dangerous. Just came in one day and joined all the bad groups. He earned his way to the top. His bad, Jake, don't mess with him."

I promised that I wouldn't need to do anything. This badass would come running to me once he realizes who's on his turf.

Then came Physics after IT and I zoned out.

I was bored and lonely. There was no one to talk to because they were either afraid of me or I didn't know them. Both actually.

Zoe was no help as well. When she was with me, it was just us alone but now that we were at school, it was like she'd forgotten about me. She was in a grade lower than me and had her own group of friends so she was never around. She actually pretended not to know me at all.

I wish Psyche was here.

Finally the last bell rang. I packed up and stepped out of math. Immediately, I saw this group of guys walking to me.

You know that cliche moment when people are walking towards you? Time seems to slow down. People around you feel the oncoming drama and stop to watch. You know it? Well it happened to me.

A giant in human terms was walking to me. He was at least a good foot taller than me and was beyond fit. You could tell he did a lot of working out. His tousled brown hair flew with his strutting, his jawline set in a permanent scowl/ smirk, his brown eyes glowing with anger.

Now I immediately recognized this as the new player. It was obvious. The typical gang, the typical 'I've earned this' vibe and etc. But as usual, I wasn't scared.

I guess it's just the type of thing when you've fought gods.

He finally got to me and sized me up. I already did that so I just watched him.

"So this is the infamous Thales?" He asked. I mentally rolled my eyes.

I guess this is the moment when I realized I was supposed to say some stupid line like in the movies. But this being South Africa...

"Your name is Frikkie, right?" I taunted at his reaction. He took a step closer, squaring up.

"Listen here, Thales, my name is Lucas Stiles. I'm the player around these parts now and unlike you I earned this. So back off before I make you." He tried threatening me. Bad move.

I closed whatever distance between us and stared up at him. The scene would be funny if we weren't about to fight.

" Whatever streetcred' you think you have, your surely mistaken. See, " I jabbed him hard in his chest with my thumb. ", this game is controlled by the played not the players. A lesson your about to learn when I hand your ass to you know in the form of a math test. "

He threw a punch immediately. And it landed which should be impossible. In that moment I imagined his fist breaking against an invisible barrier. Surely the power of Exodus could make that but nope, I was wrong. As I whirled around, I searched for my power only to hear a voice.

My power is to create life, not to damage it. If you wish to use it in such a undignified manner then you will have it no more.

Great.

So I basically I lost everything. My powers, friends, gang, reputation, everything and I couldn't do anything about. In that moment I was just angry. Angry that everything had been taken, angry that I could not take it back. The moments that followed would have me wondering what I am living for.

Apparently it's the satisfaction of breaking Lucas's stupid noise.