Because of me

I drove home.

I sped home.

Her face was every where I looked.  It took five minutes to actually start the car. Another five to realize that my favourite song was playing. And you know what any person does when he realizes he missed the best part? He restarts the song from the beginning because that's how much we like it.

Now I was becoming obsessed. My brain was literally compiling things and ways to find out about Hallo Morrigan. I don't have a specific way but thank you social media.

When I rounded the corner three cars were in my driveway. I mentally reached for my sword before realizing that they were Remnant cars. Better off anyways since I don't have my sword and my powers were unreliable. I revved and pulled along the sidewalk.

I got out and I was met with three familiar people. The first one was a guy. He was around twenty years old and African. He wore all black. Next to him was a nineteen year old Indian girl with brown eyes. She wore a black hoodie with leggings and as usually she looked killer. Next to her was the oldest guy here, being at twenty six. He was white, his blonde hair a little messy from the wind and his green eyes watching us all. All on all, it was South Africa's rainbow nation gang division.

"Well well well, if it isn't my trio." I said as I got out. The sky was darkening as the sun set.

I was driving for a while.

The oldest, his name was Liam, the leader of The Remnants North division. Still my subordinate (a nicer word for what I want to say).

"Why didn't you inform us sooner?"Liam asked me. I played dumb.

" Sorry. I'm attending school again. There, happy? " I joked. The girl, Aeela, smirked.

" What happened to Headquarters, Death?" Aeela asked me as I grabbed my school bag.

" I destroyed it. " I said, nonchalantly.

" Why did you destroy it, Jake?" Asked the African, Siya. See how I didn't call him black. Get over it people we have colour and we wear it with pride.

" Because I killed them." I answered with a shrug. They stared at me with disbelief.

Aeela walked up to me and stopped me from distracting myself with my bag. "Talk to us."

So I told them. It wasn't a secret. It was just hard talking about what I did. I still held myself accountable for all that. While I told them, I maintained eye contact with Aeela. There was just something about a girl's eyes that offered sympathy even if she was a cold bitch.

After I was done, the sun had set a long time ago, silence filled the air. Siya was pacing, Liam and Aeela just stared at me. I shrugged her hand off my shoulder. I walked to my door and unlocked it. Walking in I left the door open for them.

I threw my bag down and collapsed on the couch as I waited for them to come in. Once they did, they settled around the living room.

My house wasn't gigantic but it was huge in a sense. It was low bearing but the rooms were long. The living room in particular had a couch and two single seats. A flat screen dawned the middle of the wall. All in all this house was almost perfect it just doesn't have that family vibe that others have. It was cold and empty.

"You guys want something? The cupboards are always stocked. I don't eat much." I rubbed my back sheepishly. Aeela wanted coffee while the rest passed.

I got up to make her coffee and she followed.

"Where are they now?" Siya's voice reverted into the kitchen.

"I buried them all in their own graves at Headquarters. Own tombstones and everything. Then I just destroyed the building."  I answered as I watched the kettle boil.

"It was nice of you to do that. They deserved it." Aeela comforted me but I just shrugged it off.

"How about the Hydras?" Liam asked.

"Gauteng is now a off limit zone." I answered. "Nobody bothers to take it probably because I'm still here."

They nodded, understanding. I didn't need to say anything else because it as clear what they needed to do. They were the sole survivors of The Remnants and they needed to protect their own Headquarters. They would keep my parents legacy alive , they will succeed where I had failed dramatically.

"You guys can stay the night. I've got a extra bed in the guest and a mattress." I told the guys.

"Guest!" Siya shouted immediately while Liam growled in frustration. It was almost enough to make me laugh.

"And what about me?" Aeela asked me.

"You can have my bed." I answered. She raised an eyebrow.

"And where, per say, will you be sleeping, Jake Thales?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and answered,

"I have homework to do that will probably take me a couple of hours. I won't be going to sleep anytime soon."

She looked reassured and so with some directions, they all split up. Liam went to fetch the mattress  and pumped it up. After that he and Siya left to explore Gauteng.  Aeela though raided my room and when I was halfway through my intervention, she slipped out of my room dressed in tights and one of my long-sleeved shirts.  Even though she was four years older my shirt was still too big for her. Why is that anyways? Whenever girls wear guys clothes they are somehow massive for them. It's like as soon as the girl picks it up it enlarges twice it's size.

I didn't stare long though because if I learned anything from wattpad books, it's that when they wear your clothes it goes there.

"Need help Jake?" She asked. I growled in frustration as I finished the math and turned to the Physics.

"How's Zoe?" She asked instead. I dropped my red pen.

" I haven't seen her in a week." I silently admitted.

"You guys having trouble?"

"It's just..." I waved my hands helplessly in the air. To me it was the best way to describe it.

Her eyes narrowed in realization.

"Watch yourself, Jake. You've tangled with Aphrodite and even though it was Hades fault, she can still blame you. Now, how do you plan to get the photon?"