In Dept

"So what's this about?" I asked as Exodus cruised through the streets of Aeolus. I don't know why he bought a fast car just to cruise.

"What do you think, Jake? It's about the chambers." He said as he took a slow turn onto Boreas Avenue.

"Ah, of course. Trigon already filled me in on everything."

"I think you should bring Hallo with you." He interrupted. I stared at him wide eyed.

"What did you just say?" I asked slowly.

"See, one thing that's certain about the chambers, it's that they change you. Now since you need Ms. Morrigon in your life, I want her to accompany you. She doesn't know much about your past and you don't know much about your future self. I want you to take Ms. Morrigon so she can be a constant. At the same time she can learn about your past, see the you now and be with you through the change. It's a win win especially for you."

" No way. "

"What did you just say?" It was Exodus' turn to stare at me.

"I said no. Way. There is no way I'm going to take Hallo to a place that is so dangerous that no one even knows how to prepare for it. How am I supposed to protect her? No, I'm not going into the chambers with her there. I do not need another body on my tally."

" How about you ask her before you make an decision on her account? "

" No Exodus. " I emphasized his name.

"Hey! I'm not asking. You have no idea about anything about that girl. So why don't you do me a favour and find out about her before you say no, huh?" his tone shocked me. He was getting angry and that was definitely bad.

"Do you have any idea what I've been through? Oh wait your an all knowing Titan so of course you know. You know about Psyche? You know about Aphrodite? You know about Bradlin? Yes, you do. And do you know about Caitlyn? Caitlyn, remember her? My sweet beloved Caitlyn that I had to let her go, not into a fucking paradise, into Tarturas. Tarturas, the eternal pit of damnation. All those girls were in my life for a fraction before they experienced pain, sadness and even hell. I am not letting Hallo, who barely knows anything about me, to experience my entire tragic, hateful life in a dramatic Godly chamber where I can't control anything. So sorry but no, Exodus. "

Silence filled the car, which still cruised at a leisurely pace through the streets of Aeolus. I didn't look at Exodus nor move at all.

"Test her." Exodus' voice held no emotions. "Give her a small test to your satisfaction. If she passes, then take her with to the chambers."

"Why did you leave me for so long, huh? You knew how messed up things were from the beginning but you never showed up. Why now?" I asked, my voice cracking with emotions.

"The gods watched your family for a long time. They wanted one of you Thales to host the first Olympian. We watched your parents until they died then we watched your brother Nathan. We thought he would be the first but then it was you. We never thought it would be you. I blamed myself. So ever since then I knew it wasn't worth being around you. For years I watched your brother thinking it was him but it was you. I underestimated you. I mean a minute ago you were this normal kid that couldn't do anything, ten seconds later you were hosting the closest thing to an Olympian and then you were pulling my energy through you and making an avatar out of it even though you never even met me. I didn't think you were special and now I'm paying the price. I didn't deserve to be there for you because you did everything without any help, alone. Even now, I'm still in your debt. "

I stared at him. The Titan of Life had made a mistake? The gods were watching my family for centuries? They thought my brother Nathan was special? Ha, his definitely in debt for that stupid decision.

"Well, I'm glad you came when you did otherwise I'd be seriously lost right now.",I said honestly.

"That's enough for me not to smite you where you sit. Oh look, there's Hallo going in the direction of school." Exodus said chirpy.

Damn Titan, he was right. There she was, walking with her school bag and Exodus was speeding towards her.