Finale Part 5

Third Person P. O. V

The fight moved back towards the forest.

Everything seemed to come naturally to Jake as he fought. He no longer thought of his movements yet they seemed to be perfect. Even his scythe, felt less like a weapon and more like an extention of his body.

As Jake fought, his powers surged outwards, tilting the earth, drawing darkness within to the forest and even moving trees in the way of his enemies. Everything just felt...right.

For the first time, Jake didn't want the fight to end.

But as he fought, he thought of his godly parents : Gaia and Tartarus, the earliest of primordial beings. He thought of his lineage, being a descendant of Exodus and his scythe, the owner's name clear now, Kronos.

Jake is a descendant of Exodus, the titan of Life. Exodus was the second child of Kronos, the evil Titan king of Time. Kronos was the son of Gaia and she had hooked up with Tartarus.

So Jake had the power of Life, Time, Earth and Darkness. He was almost the perfect family tree having the power of the earth and the dome underneath it. All he was missing was the dome above...

Jake froze and cursed himself. The answer was there all along. The god in the chambers had said that many would see what he was doing as an act fo spite towards Gaia and Tartarus but he was doing it to complete me. The only primordial god not to have a play in Jake's life, the very first love triangle in Greek history.

Jake focused on the fight once more. The self-maintaining fire cyclone surrounding him seemed to be keeping the wind gods busy. They couldn't get close to Jake. The fire also didn't seem to burn anything else and if a stray flame wondered off, once Jake was far enough the flame would kill itself. No forest fires as the air was already like that.

The love gods had permanently folded their wings, seeing no use in it and stuck to close combat which was a mistake. Any archer knows that they need to be both good at close combat and long range as there might be a moment when their arrows would useless.

They clashed back and forth throughout the forest as the camp members and all its staff, Trigon and Hallo watched on. They watched through a human sized sphere that showed the five fighting almost like a messed up gladiator fight on a TV.

"I need to help him, Exodus. He needs me." Hallo argued but Exodus held her back.

"On the contrary, he only needs himself." They then settled their eyes on the fight once more.

Jake stood, crouched low with scythe gleaming in his hand, before the two love gods. The two wind gods floated above the fire that surrounded him as Jake made the one decision that would forever change the way the universe works.

Jake bonded everything together, Earth, Darkness, Death, Life and the Sky. The wind picked up, his hair windswept, he opened both eyes but one, the iris a glowing blue while the whites, turned black.

All four gods backed away as the power could be physically felt. Cupid grabbed an arrow and notched it but before he could even release the drawstring, Jake's scythe had passed straight through it. He dropped down and put his hands on the earth.

One, Two, Three...

The earth spun, one, two, three and suddenly the small piece of earth they all stood on floated hundreds of meters up in the air, upside down.

Jake grabbed the two wind gods and shoved them against the earth before shouting. "Stay!"

Almost immediately, the wind gods were stuck on the floating earth, unable to detach themselves and left hanging upside down.

Jake, Cupid and Eros free fell. Jake grabbed both of the two gods by the shoulders and shoved them into one being.

"Impossible!" They screamed in a disembodied voice. " This cannot be happening!"

Jake pushed on, falling like an asteroid. Heat became visible over the body of the love god. They disappeared behind the treeline.

Immediately a blast was heard, wind filled with debris flew through the forest pushing the spectators back.

The wind cleared and silence settled on the valley. Exodus helped Hallo up, both of them wondering where Jake was.

"Come." was all that came from Exodus as he grabbed Hallo's hand and walked through the small portal.

They appeared near Jake. He stood over the broken of Eros, the scythe once again in his hand. He was engrossed with the body laying in the crater he had made.

"Jake." I whispered. He tilted his head just enough that Hallo could see the blue eye that glowed in the night.

"You did it, Jake. You finally did it." Exodus congratulated him but he appeared to not of heard. He crouched low next to Eros.

"It's not finish." Jake mumbled, almost to himself. "It must be finished."

He picked up the Love god and tossed him over his shoulder. Before Hallo could confirm her thoughts of him forgetting her, he turned and stuck a hand out. She grinned and took hold of his hand.

And in a flash, the three of them disappeared leaving a scarred Durban, two angry wind gods and a bunch of confused campers.