Chamber Of Earth: Part 2

Hallo's P. O. V

I stared at the baby. This was the great Exodus? Then why was Jake in his place? Clearly, there is a deeper meaning to this. When that meaning will be clear, I don't know.

The scenery shifted into a black landscape. Baby Jake, was moved into a blood red bubble of energy. I just watched him float there wanting to reach out to him but I couldn't. Something was stopping me.

The scenery shifted once more.

I was blinded by sunlight. The clear sky, clearer than I've ever seen. Grass and trees rose higher and greener than ever before. Jake had disappeared as well.

Out of nowhere, a man dropped from the sky. A massive crater formed as huge chunks of earth were thrown meters into the air. I ran towards the rim.

In the center of the crater, lay a feeble man. He was young but by the way he was hunched over you could swear he was old. His black hair stuck to his gold skin. He screamed and wheezed. He seemed to be suffering and it was hard to watch...

...until I realized that man was actually Exodus the Titan which meant that was Jake suffering.

His healthy skin turned a sickly pale colour. His black hair bleached to a striking white. He continued to scream bloody murder as he suffered. I heard cracks and splint-like noises which later on I realized was the sound of bones breaking.

I was about to jump down to him when another god appeared. This one wore a loincloth with both the helmet and sandles had wings on it.

He flew down to the bottom of the crater. "Exodus! Oh gods, come I'll take you to Olympus."

Next thing I knew we were in sort of throne room. It would've been magnificent if I had taken the time to notice the details but Jake, I mean Exodus, came flying through the doors.

The gods, who I assumed were the Olympians, gathered around as the god carried Exodus in. It seemed that the worst was over.

The god dropped Exodus but he landed on his feet. The healthy, vibrant Exodus was no more, replaced by a pale, cold Titan. This is what I assumed a Titan would be like.

His eyes, black just like Jake's, scanned the gods around him. They all looked visibly afraid and took a step away from him. He radiated something very similar to Tartarus only, if possible, worse.

"Bow down, Olympians, to your new king." He said, his voice delivering shivers down my back. Were they shivers of pleasure?

Stop it Hallo, that's Jake in there.

The other gods looked around nervously before the one, who seemed to be the biggest, laughed. At first it seemed like it was a nervous laugh but it grew to a genuine one and soon the other Olympians joined in.

Jake didn't look fazed anymore. He wasn't Exodus, that's for sure. He just smiled and that smile was enough to shut up all the gods.

Jake raised his hands and stretched. "Then so be it. Let the war begin."

He vanished instantly. The man who laughed, stepped forward and shouted for him to come back,

"Trigon!" He kept shouting until the world imploded on itself.

This was the Roman version of Exodus, Trigon. He was the Titan of evil Life. Everything bad was under his scope. No wonder he was so similar to Tarturas.

It occurred to me that Exodus was more like Gaia and Trigon was like Tarturas, the two parents that raised the Titan. No wonder the Titan was so evil.

The next few minutes, the scenery changed rapidly showing the world imploding on itself. Fires raging across the world, the oceans boiling, tornadoes and hurricanes leveling cities, the sky filled with dragons. In a matter of seconds that's all I saw. It was an overload. Trigon was at the center of each event.

I watched him fight the Olympians and single handedly beating them. I watched as he walked out of the ocean with huge monsters and the dead following him. I watched as he charged at Jupiter's chariot, the Roman equivalent for Zeus, on a black dragon's back.

All in Jake's body.

I collapsed into darkness, breathing heavily. Jake appeared next to me, he too breathing heavily. He crawled over and clung to me, feebly. We sat still, just being in each other's embrace was what we needed for now.

"We are apart of you, Jake, never forget it. We are you."