7

Priapus laughed filled the room. "You really think you can kill-"

His eyes widening as he realized that the sword was inside him. The sword seemed to be doing something to him.

"I have all this power," Jake smirked, his eye socket glowing dark red. ", so surely I can kill a god. It's a good time to find out."

Gold light started seeping from the gods body. He tried pulling the sword out but to no prevail. He panic turned to full out shouting as gold light filled the room.

I shut my eyes as the light got too much. I opened my eyes to see the room completely empty. No sign of nature, naked teenagers or excited god's, just Jake back in his clothes.

"W-what happened to him?" I asked, warily approaching him.

"I killed him." Jake answered. "Like I said I would."

"How could you kill a god? That's impossible, isn't it?" I asked.

He shrugged. "It is possible now."

He rubbed his empty socket, probably subconsciously. I have no idea how he was still walking and even fighting with a wound like that. Surely, it must have taken a toll on him.

"I'm fine, Hallo. I'm sure there's lots of guys out there walking with an empty socket. Hey, that kind of makes me like those anime guys!"

I rolled my eyes. " You idiot."

He grinned sheepishly. "Hey, guess what? We only have one chamber to go through."

"Does this chamber even count?" I asked. "I mean you didn't exactly pass, you just killed the god."

"No, I passed this chamber. Priapus wanted me to take payment from all those illusions. By driving my sword through them, I got payment plus I demanded payment in the form of Priapus so either way, I got something." He explained to which I nodded.

"You certainly attract the weird ones." I commented.

He looked down at my with mischief in his eye. "I certainly do."

Idiot.

We walked towards the last chamber. A trend I'd notice while in the chamber: the rooms were large when entered and then small once completed. This chamber was filled with thousands of people a few moments ago and now it was the size of a classroom.

The door was unlike the rest that we encountered before; gold with built in candles adding to it's glow. Two detailed wings were embedded in the doors.

"The last Chamber." I whispered.

"Seven." added Jake before opening the door. White light filled from the chamber beyond.

Once the light faded, we entered a rather warm room. The floor was wooden planks and windows lined the walls, giving us a view of the landscape, Aeolus. At the end of the room, two golden doors identical to the ones we passed through stood open revealing that indeed we were in Aeolus. The view was one off the rooftops of a skyscraper as you could see the skyline of the city.

"We're back in Aeolus." I said, mostly to myself.

Jake grabbed my hand. "Look."

My eyes surveyed the room till they landed on a sticky note hanging on a simple, single thread of rope.

Jake walked up to the note and tore it from the rope before I could yell that it was possibly a trap.

He stood and read it.

"Well," I started. ", what does it say?"

"Five words." Jake mumbled. He cleared his throat. "'I await you out there.' - E."

"Who's E?" I asked but Jake continued to stare at the note. I could feel the anger radiating off him.

In fact, his anger began to take a physical form. Dry, scorching wind blew from Jake as if he was the source. It was as if the wind was trying to push everything out.

The wind blew me back. I made the mistake of covering my face, leaving my arms riddled in blisters.

"All of this," Jake's voice was deadly calm. ", six chambers, just for one god to tell me that I'm not finished."

The winds picked up speed and lightning started flashing.

"Jake!" I shouted. He whirled around as if noticing for the first time what he was doing and he had two eyes. Somehow he'd made a second eye to replace the one he lost. " The chambers did what they were meant to do, they changed you. You did well. This doesn't change anything."

The wind died down and disappeared. I slumped forward from the lack of shoving. In an instant, Jake was by me.

"I'm so sorry, Hallo." He put his hand on my arms and began to heal them.

So he could kill gods, make safari storms and heal? What else could he do I thought.

"It's okay, Chicken." I said. "Whatever happens, whenever this god appears I will be there. I always will."

He smiled. "I love you, Hallo."

My eyes widened. " Y-you love me?"