A Breather

We sat in darkness in a small room, still clinging to each other. After a while, I decided to girlfriend up. Not that I was his girlfriend but he needed someone to care for him.

My arm held him around his shoulder and the other one played with his hair. I don't know what it is about hair but it could calm you down. That's what wattpad books told me anyways.

His shoulders shook as he cried silently. He didn't seem ashamed of crying in front of me which was a stereotype about men that was true. Sorry but I've seen it. Men don't like to cry and here he was crying into me.

It made my heart rage.

"I'm here if you're ready." I reassured him. He was really something.

He had changed since the first day I've ever seen him. His curly hair had grown out longer and straighter. His features seemed angelic even though he was crying.

"First Pothos and now Exodus. This was Exodus chamber." He said, bringing me back to reality.

"I think it was preordained. It seemed right for him to come here considering your connection with him." I tried. He shifted so he was facing me and pulled me between my knees.

He stared into my eyes, his blacks eyes bloodshot. "There isn't much to go on in the history books since not many people knew about him but I knew he was raised by Gaia. But I never thought he was also raised by Tarturas."

I remembered the god and the aura that haunted him. "Did you see his face?"

He shook his head. "Only bits actually but it was enough. It was a horrible sight and I couldn't describe it even if you wanted to know. But of course Exodus had to like him."

I gave him a sympathetic smile. "I never thought that the name Exodus came from the pit of damnation."

He nodded his head in agreement. "Exodus means a mass departure of people though I guess Tarturas saw people fleeing from the Titan. And all from a flash of his powers."

"It was slightly adorable but bizarre to see Exodus cuddling and stealing Tarturas' power." I agreed. "What happened afterwards?"

But I knew what happened, the moment Exodus became Trigon.

"It was like creating Rose again. I never thought I would feel pain like that again but I did. Everything was ten times worse becoming the opposite of what you were made to do. To become the worst version of yourself in the worse way." He spoke as if he was talking to himself.

" How was it being Trigon?" I asked, not wanting to push him but I was curious.

"It felt like being Hades but it was ten times worse. To be so evil but to have all the power in the universe was toxic. Yet I didn't want to do anything. I just wanted to do what I wanted to and when someone stood in my way, I took them out." The way he said those words made my hairs stand up. Somewhere deep down, I knew that he liked it.

Deep down.

Deep,

Deep,

Down.

But I was glad, it meant that he was trying to move away from the negative things he used to love. It meant he was determined to change for the better even if the chambers didn't want that.

"That year and the next, the war began. I was Trigon and we went everywhere. He traveled to the Underworld and robbed Pluto of the dead. Next he invaded Neptune's realm and recruited another portion of his army. He even created a new race of dragons, a golem and four elemental gods to fight with him. It was horrible but sort of amazing the way he did everything but still. I've had my fill of wars for this lifetime."

So there had been more. What I saw and what he saw was totally different. He had experienced more, in not only terms of feelings and experiences, but also memories. I had only experienced two and seen flashes of the war. He had lived it.

" Do you want to go on or do you still want to rest?" I asked. I wasn't ready to go on, still reliving the consequences of this chamber but the sooner we got through the other five, the sooner I'll be sane.

He nodded. "Wait, first a snack. Do you want something to drink or eat?"

I smiled and asked for Oreos. He reached into his bag and pulled out a box as well as a pack of jellybeans and a injection. He handed the Oreos and as I munched on them, he took the injection.

I had almost forgotten that he was a diabetic.