Closely Related

"So what are we doing first?" I asked as I pulled out of the school.

"Well we can't go to your house since that isn't training-K-ling-worthy. So head up to the mansion on the hill." K told me. I looked where he was pointing and suddenly a mansion stood above the rest of the houses in the area.

I thought about it. As far as I knew that had been a barren field. The only one in Gauteng which shouldn't be possible. Land developers were everywhere these days.

"You like it? I built it myself. Athena didn't mind when I told that I needed her help. It's designed to lure everyone's eyes in and to be constantly looked at. It has all the perks for a multimillionaire as well as that Godly touch that Thales need."

Indeed it was. Even from this far, the mansion looked grand. It seemed to be like a secondary sun as if the real sun had shed it's painful yet warm glow and finally shown us that it was in fact a home.

Sorry, I'm afraid I've confused myself here to.

I floored it nonetheless.

It wasn't hard judging if I was going the right way. If I was confused and lost I would just look up and see where the house was. But I didn't get lost because K was directing me and soon I was pulling up the driveway.

"Around the house is multiple fields. This is where we'll be training." K said as I parked in front of the four garages.

This house was insane. There were no stairs leading to the door which I didn't open. I walked around the house with K following. It literally took a while to get to the back.

And the back...

WOW!

Giant windows took majority of the back. Orange light streamed out making it feel warm and cosy. And I wasn't even inside yet! A few deck chairs sat outside. All in all...

Wow!

"What do the rappers say? Oh right, dope. Dope ain't it?" K said smugly.

"I'm afraid to go inside." I answered honestly. K smirked and gave me a gentle push.

"This is the field we'll be training in. Inside is everything from your old house. In fact this place was inspired by your old house."

I took a closer look at the mansion. It did resemble my old house somehow even though it was blown up to humongous size.

"Everything you need will appear. Sword, gun, flaming whip, you name it. It will appear." K explained. I turned to look at him.

"Does that only apply to weapons?" I asked and he nodded.

"Cars are in the garage and the the RX-7 will transform to the new car you've been thinking about." He turned towards the fields. "This is where we'll be training. Get up there."

I threw my jacket and walked into the field before turning to K. He grimaced. I knew that face.

"This is how it's going to work. Your going to close your eyes and imagine what draws your power out which evidently is anger. Think of what makes you angry and just yeah."

He took a step back and waited for me to do it.

I closed my eyes.

The first thing that appeared to my mind was my self image. I never liked my body. It was like the universe just skipped the good aspects of a hot boy. Seriously no jawline, no muscles, no six pack. The only thing that I really liked about myself was my hair and I wasn't born with it. I only got it when I appeared from the gut of Hades (long story).

But that quickly faded into me and Zoe fighting in the field.

Then it faded to the glass shattering and scaring all those people. But the feeling was escalating as more and more images started flashing in my mind.

The anger that I had when Psyche left me. I didn't want to admit it but I was angry that she left me. Then it was Exodus and Trigon. I was angry that they could leave me for so long, letting me struggle by myself. Then it was the war and everything shattered. The anger that Hades felt was partly mine too. Seeing myself kill all those people, my friends out of anger, made me angry at myself. All those images flashing in my head as if someone was pulling it out and putting new ones in.

I opened my eyes and all I saw was red. K would later tell me that when I closed my eyes the first time, red energy started seeping out of me. Then as time went on the energy turned into red wind and by the time I opened my eyes I was the centre of a red tornado.

The sensation I felt was...painful. As if I was losing my life force, my soul, was leaving me and yet my body would not claim it back.

Then I was gone.

When I woke up, K sat on one of the deck chairs next to me. I was on the floor and had a perfect view of K's eyes or should I say eye. His left iris was crimson with black surrounding it. Kind of like my eyes when I used Hades power, it was exactly the same.

"That is just a fraction of your anger, Jake but you've unlocked the channel of power. Your appearance has changed quite a bit." K informed. I got up and staggered.

I tried balancing and building myself up but it felt as if I lost it all.

"You need to get going if you want to pick up your girlfriend." K commented. Shit.

I turned and looked around, desperately searching for my keys. K chuckled before snapping his fingers. My clothes changed but I didn't care because I still couldn't find my keys. Then I felt them in my pocket.

"You're welcome." K said knowingly. I gave him a nod and ran for my car only to find the perfect car.

I stared at the Mercedes AMG Project One for only a second before getting in and flooring it.

A/N
So recap, when Jake grew up he had pretty bad acne. He didn't really like anything on him and had severe case of bad self image. When he started hosting Hades all that changed was that his hair got slightly less curly so that it was easier to manipulate. He still had his acne, imperfect teeth and etc. Just keep that in mind. And remember K's words.