Terrible Balance

"So the difference between Geographic North Pole and the Magnetic North Pole..." ,my physics teacher blabbered on.

The classroom was cold as wind blew through all the windows I had broken this morning. It didn't bother me though because since the break up I've been dead cold. People avoided me in class and the corridors, clinging to the walls. I didn't mind,I was preoccupied with trying to find that tree root sensation.

I had only gone to physics before giving up on school. I was too preoccupied to learn and the fear in everyone's eyes made was somewhat distracting. I got up as the bell rang ending physics. I made a beeline for the door and before I could get out someone flicked my ear.

I swear, I've never moved faster as I turned and grabbed the hand. One thing I didn't expect was for the person to fight back as she twisted my arm behind my back. I recoiled and with unnatural strength swung the person over my head and into my chest where I then pinned her against the wall.

Wait, her?

I stared and gasped as I realized that it was Hallo. Her bangs hung messed up and she had a small smile. I tried forming words or thoughts but our bodies together had incinerated my brain. I could barely make words when she was in front of me. Scratch that, sounds not words. Now it was ten times worse that I was fully pressed up against her.

Her body was cold but not bad cold, a good cold. If there's such a thing. It was such a contrast compared to my now adrenaline, blood rushing, pumped body. You know when soulmates touch they always experience tingles but just like everything else, I was the exception. It felt like my body was fighting hers. In a good way if there's such.

Wait, I didn't mean soulmate.

I meant just like a girl-

who I seen to have a crush on-

and have no courage what so ever-

You know what, I'm going to stop embarrassing myself now.

She smiled up at me. " So the chicken can fight. Now we just need to have him talk."

I didn't respond because I couldn't. That smile had made this a tribillion times worse.

She looked down as if she was only noticing now that we're so close. "Are you planning to keep me here?"

Again, nothing.

She pushed me away but there was nothing in it because I would have moved if I could. She turned and walked away since this conversation wasn't going anywhere. Then I had an idea that would save me some dignity. I quickly took out my phone.

I'm going home because I can't take it here, I quickly texted. I watched as she took her phone out and turned to face me, raising an eyebrow before typing away.

Smart move to text me, Chicken, She replied. I stared for at the phone not daring to look at her.

You want to come with? I asked.

I can't. I have a Life science test to write but u can give me a lift home after school ,She replied immediately.

Deal, I typed.

On one condition, She then replied. I raised an eyebrow at the phone.

What is it, I asked.

I get to listen to my music ,she ordered. It literally felt like I had to do it.

We'll see ,I replied nonetheless.

The Chicken is confident on the phone, huh?

I looked up and saw her walk away a small smile on her face.

"Damn, where was she when I was young?" Said a familiar voice. I turned to see K standing next to me.

He was handsome and the only reason I knew that was because girls and female teachers were coming closer. He must have been really handsome since they were risking walking next to me.

I sighed, "What are you doing here, Grandfather?"

He looked at me funny, "Do I look as old as time?"

I rolled my eyes," No because your Time's son, so it's close."

He thought about it, realized I was right, and then he shrugged. "Anyways, the reason I'm here is because I said I would get you a tutor and Ta-da!"

He gestured to himself like he was some prize, "I thought no tutor would be good enough for you so your getting the best. So from now on you'll be known as a K-ling. Come let's go."

We walked to my car in silence. My head was filled with Hallo and everything about her. Especially the part where I acted like an idiot every time talks to me.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened?" ,K suddenly asked. For a moment I thought he was asking about Hallo and I was about to tell him that he was there for most it. Then I realized we were in the field I killed this morning.

"The balance tipped." I told him what happened this morning with the voices and Zoe. I made sure to tell him all the crazy things that happened.

"Your lucky that breaking up with Nyx was the first step otherwise I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the end." K said, in thought.

"What was that?" I asked, referring to the powers.

"Well the wood thing you described is probably Exodus power. Never understood how trees represent life. Might as well make it a road." I coughed to tell him he was getting off topic. What kind of person frets about roads and trees? "Right, anyway the other ones were mine. Your glare broke that windows, your words made the earth shake and weight of your anger killed all life in the area."

"Why is it that you have more than Exodus?"

"Because there's more pain in the world than good. That's why I'm the best." He answered.

"Wait, shouldn't I be having lessons with Exodus rather than you? I mean no offense, you did destroy the world overnight." I argued my case.

We had reached my car and he gripped the passenger side handle and looked at me. " Listen K-ling, I am Life but the bigger percentage. When I started that war I only used peoples own demons. That's the world. Why do you think everybody wants to be happy even after they die? Happy days are short, that's why people always want more. Painful days are slow and long, you get more of out of it. That's the reality. That is why I'm more powerful than Exodus."

Wow.

Deep.

And as I drove us home, I started wondering how reality had made this terrible balance.

A/N
So to clear up, Exodus is the only Titan son of the titan king, Kronos and along with his later brother Zeus was also the only child not to be swallowed by their father. He later split himself in two aspects and since his the titan of life, he became the good aspects of life and Trigon (his counterpart) was the bad aspects.

From The Forgotten Titan, which is my first book, and I'm thinking of rewriting it soon since it's kak.