Chamber Of Earth: Part 1

Hallo's P. O. V

The second door was different. It was made out of the metal and resembled a bank vault.

"Shouldn't we be talking about this phobia that you have of love gods?" I asked him as he opened the door.

He smiled at me. "Nope."

When he opened the door, he was sucked in. I shouted his name and ran after him.

¬¬¬

I ran into some sort of cave. Two women in forest green, ancient Greek dresses walked in the firelit cave.

One slept on a massive bed with giant roots as the four stilts. She laid under a few layers of moss-like-blankets.

Both of them had eyes so green they looked like dye, skin that glowed bronze, features that made her the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I realized that both the women were the same person, one version was sleeping and another was bustling around.

The woman that was awake, walked around a pedestal with excitement in her eyes. I took a step towards the pedestal.

On the pedestal, wriggled a baby. His fists shook and legs kicked as if he didn't want to be there. His eyes glowed with even more power than the goddess. He was easily the most powerful being in the cave.

The woman picked the baby up and he stilled, finally relaxing. She turned him over and I gasped. There was a open wound on the back of his head, leaking golden blood. He was definitely a god or something because a wound like that, on a baby nonetheless, would've killed him instantly.

The woman ran a finger on the wound and it closed. The baby stopped moving and calmed in the woman's hand.

As I watched, I realized that the baby looked very much like Jake if he was a baby. The only differences between them was the eye color and the skin tone which was few shades darker.

Then I realized the baby was Jake. He had been sucked and changed into a baby and thrown into this vision.

The baby squealed with delight as the woman coed him. The woman spoke in a strange language that translated in my mind.

"Do not worry, my little Maka, Gaia's got you." she murmured to the baby.

This woman standing in front of me was none other than the primordial earth goddess, Gaia. That explained the other version that was sleeping. This indicated the time period to be during the reign of the Titans, when Gaia entered her slumber.

But she never had another child, especially a god so what was she doing with a baby?

The cave rumbled and an doorway shaped hole appeared in one wall. A figure took up almost the entire doorway and I looked away. I did not want to see more.

The man, god, that appeared was so hideous and terrifying even if I didn't see him properly. His outline was enough. He even radiated so much fear and evil that I could feel too much of it through the vision.

Baby Jake didn't seem concerned as he eyes darted from the doorway to Gaia. It seemed as if his natural instinct was to protect her.

The god, that I could still not look at walked to the goddess. As he neared us, I unconsciously took a step back to avoid seeing his horrible face. Yet as he neared, he threw his charcoal colored arms around Gaia's waist and pulled her into his chest.

If this situation wasn't so horrifying and interesting, I might have found the couple cute.

The god's head tilted towards the baby Jake as he was staring at him with a smile plastered on his face.

"Is this ours, my Core?" His voice sent shivers through my body.

Gaia released a beautiful laugh. "No, my dear, this is a newborn Titan from above."

The man tensed up but then relaxed again. "Normally I'd opt to throw him in me but he is staring straight at me. He is the second being to ever do that."

Gaia studied the child as he held his hands up to the god. Baby Jake wanted to be held by him.

So the baby was actually a Titan but he radiated power like a god?

The god took the baby in his arms and the baby cuddled closer. He seemed to be sucking power from him.

"Cheeky, Titan, stealing my power. What should we name you, huh?"

"We could name him Tarturas junior?" Gaia joked.

My eyes blew up. I pushed my body against the cave walls. Tarturas? The pit of damnation was here? Now come to think of it, Gaia did date Tarturas and a few others.

The baby raised his hands again and started balling energy before releasing it in an extravagant show of sparks. Something so beautiful made the tension disappear from my shoulders.

"How about Exodus?" Tarturas offered.