Chamber Of Retribution

Hallo's P. O. V

The sixth chamber.

I can't believe we made it so far. From picking flowers to seeing memories of war, it was a bizarre experience but I'm glad that I came. I've learnt a lot about Jake and his past, more so than he probably would've told me himself.

He seemed different physically as well. He was more taut, muscular even. He seemed hollowed out, wilder even. With his blood splattered clothes and one eye, he looked darker. He seemed darker in general too.

It seems that the chambers were changing him but for the worse. I wonder how bad he could get.

It also made me wonder what his destiny is. Selena had said that he had five different types of Ichor, the blood of immortals. And not just any immortals, Gaia, Tartarus, Exodus, Hades and some other god.

I don't know how Jake stays mortal with all that blood but one thing was for sure, with all that blood he would certainly have a unique destiny.

The sixth chamber started out dark and vast like all the rest. But we marched ahead anyways.

Soon we reached what I assumed was the center of the room. I was on guard even though nothing was happening. You never know when a dagger would fly at you. My blade appeared in my hand.

"Well, I'm surprised you made it this far." said a voice and suddenly a man was standing in front of us.

I was so used to this that it didn't surprise me, just made me wary.

The man was dressed in an denim overall with a red t-shirt. His skin was sunburnt.  Around him, vegetables and fruits littered the ground. Bees buzzed around fresh flowers. A donkey stood in the far corner. 

Something bothered me about the man. He had a long, unnatural bulge that, that was...

I sneered. "That's disgusting. Can't you control yourself? "

The god smiled as if he was used to this. "Does it bother you?"

I averted my eyes to Jake to see him glaring at the man. "Do you think anyone would want to see that? Who are you anyways?"

"His name is Priapus, god of fertility." Jake answered for him. I raised an eyebrow.

"Should I be disgusted that you know this freak?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I know him from Percy Jackson and the Greek God's and he tried raping Hestia. That's the only reason why I know him." Jake explained. "Obviously the book didn't mention that he was, uh, permanently excited."

Priapus scoffed. "I shouldn't explain this but I will. I was cursed when I was in my mother's womb by Hera because Paris thought my mother was more beautiful than her."

"His mother is Aphrodite. Hera cursed him to have impotency at the convenient time. The rest of the time he's excited."  Jake finished. "Anyways, what's a god like you doing in the Chambers?"

Priapus laughed. "Ah, the Chambers. Did you know that the Chambers exist in all cultures? That's why there's no proper name for it since every culture has it. And the reason I'm here, well to change you of course."

Jake shuffled, one foot to another. "I think that's horrible. To have you here, something must be wrong with my life."

"There certainly is." Priapus agreed. "Tell me Jake, have you ever wanted payment for the things you've done?"

"Payment for what? I did everything because I wanted to. I never needed payment." He fired back.

"Why are you lying to yourself? You wanted something. You always did." Priapus poked at Jake.

Suddenly,  everything around us disappeared and was replaced with people Jake knew. A lot were strangers, Remnants, I assumed but most I recognized. Girls from our school, Zoe, Psyche and etc. All of his friends, people who he helped over the years surrounded us.

He had helped thousands.

"All these people you helped, none have repaid you. All they did was use you and disregard you. Even now your alone. Why have you not taken payment? Why have you not taken retribution?" Priapus asked again.

Jake drew his sword and gritted out. "I don't need payment."

Priapus laughed. "Ah but you do. And there is many ways to get payment."

The grin on his face had me scared and suddenly all the people, Zoe, Psyche and Toni, were naked.

"What are you doing?" I asked. I looked at Jake to see that he too was naked.

"Jake will be taking some payment. That's the only way his getting through this chamber." Priapus laughed, a maniacally evil laugh.  He too now naked.

I backed away, shielding my eyes from the exposed man- and womanhood. Priapus continued to laugh.

"You want payment? I'll give you payment."  Jake growled out, not affected by his sudden lack of clothing. "I'll take payment in your head."

Jake charged Priapus but the god disappeared.

"The only way your getting my head is if you demand payment from all these people."

Jake looked around as if realizing something. His eye connected with mine. He closed his eye and dashed.

I don't know how but he still fight with his eyes closed. His blade flew threw his friend's but instead of blood, they just disappeared. I saw tears running from his eye as he fought. Soon it was just him and Priapus.

"Well done, Jake." Priapus began. "You have-"

"F your payment!" Jake yelled and shoved his blade through Priapus' chest.

A/N
Happy 300 reads! Thank you for the support and please continue to read.