👨‍👩‍👧‍👧Chapter-16👨‍👩‍👧‍👧

Helloo lovelies... Thank you for your votes....

Sashi pov
After a long tiring day..I came home..Laid my bag on sofa and started walking towards the kitchen..
    There my mom(amma) and dad(nanna) are talking to each other..While cleaning the kitchen

Amma: Finally sashi has settled and got a job.  I am very proud of her

Nanna...Yes yes padma...Our children have grown so faster..It's just like yesterday when sashi asked me to buy bicycle...And vamsi cried because he too want one...He said smiling remembering us..But from the corner of his eyes...Tears started forming

Amma...Yes..Sashi has attained marrying age too..The thought of her leaving this house itself is very sad..

Nanna.  Yes padma...Vamsi has left home long ago for his studies.  And sashi will leave once she gets married...The house will become silent the day she leaves...His eyes are becoming moist while speaking..And tears started falling unable to bear the weight in his eyes....
      This tradition that only girl must leave her everything and go with her husband....I don't know who introduced it... I never knew how it feels like when I brought you home padma...But now,I coming to know...it's like living in hell..thinking of sending her off itself is very painful..He said almost crying..And my amma came and consoling him...

Their conversation brought Tears in my eyes unknowingly...Tears rolled down my cheeks.  Lump started forming in my throat.. and sharp pain hitched through it.  Slowly I controlled myself and entered kitchen...

     Looking at their faces,I realized a thing..Surprising isn't it?All through our childhood,our parents strive to get us educated and reach great heights in our life . In this process,they forget that they too had a life.  Besides we,on growing up gets too busy in out studies and career,will forget that our parents are getting old along with us. For a minute,I saw both their faces...Amma , nanna..Wrinkles forming in their face and stress lines on forehead....energy deprived and exhausted..Both of them sacrificed many personal things just for our happiness. 
     Seeing them,I thought myself...Amma,nanna,,,I promise ..I will never say no to your decision and never ditch you.. I promise. 
    People think that I am a strong person..I have a cool and confident exterior...But internally,I am an emotional person..I cry for littlest of little things...Even watching cartoon movies... Afraid that people will laugh at me..I will just not let them know..That I am crying..This side of me Is known only to me...
     I slept hugging my mom today...I seldom do things like this...But Today I  felt like sleeping hugging her..

Abhi pov:
    Sashi has joined office and started working..It's been a very hectic schedule..I have been roaming around  for meetings and clients..She is busy with her designs...During her first week,she got the things designed .All the ground work is finished..She has continuously been near the site..Getting the ground levelled,cleaning and getting it ready for planting..I gave complete access to her in regard to landscaping..
    She is very dedicated in her work..And getting it done on time..I didn't even get a single complaint from workers about her..We meet very rarely..I used to visit the site for every 2-3days. Only then,I get to see her.. Our career fields are poles apart..Mine deals with business,clients in five-star hotels or Ac cabins. While her deals with scorching sun,working with labourers still she manages to put a smile relieving everyone stress..That's my sashi. I proudly thought to myself...I checked time..It's 5:30pm already..Everyone must have left by now..So I loosened my tie,removed coat,unbuttoned my collar button and folded my sleeves up..And brushed my hair loose..
   Just then,she arrived in my cabin knocking the door..."Excuse me sir?"her honey like voice brought me out of trance and lit firecrackers in my heart...How can she look this beautiful in normal kurthi and leggings..That too after a tiring day..
  "Yes Ms.Murthy..Tell me..Is everything fine?"I asked in a authoritative tone...
    "Sir,the site preparation is completed. Here is the list of plants I need and their costs..Just go through them..If you feel anything out of budget I will replace them.."she said in her most formal voice
   I checked the list and declared"everything is fine..When will you start planting?"
   "Sir as it is monsoon season,we can plant now itself..Only thing is I need to check them once and bring them here via transport"she reported.
  "Okay then..Do that as soon as possible.."with that I dismissed the topic..And gave her a last glance...There she is standing in front of me... Looking at ground..Looking worried..
   "Do you need anything sashi?"I asked..May be used her name for the first time after many years..The name rolled so good on my lips..And started walking near her taking slow steps dragging my  hand along the edges of table to the other side
   Instantly her head rose up and her pupils dilated and mouth wide open....I stood opposite to her.. Looking into her eyes.."you seem worried about something..Ask me..You need not hesitate"

Sashi pov:
    I was dumbstruck listening him calling me sashi..After such a long time.. Unintentionally my heart fluttered at this..It's been 3 weeks that I joined his company..Not once did he call me in formally.My reaction is beyond shocked.
    He came near me and said not to worry.. how can he read my mind every single time??
   I said in low voice.."sir the matter is.." he held my hand.."It's abhi sashi..Office timings are over..I am not your boss.."he insisted every word he spoke..And squeezed my hand gently looking into my eyes..And left my hand..The single touch of me can set my heart on marathon..
     "A..Ab..Abhi the matter is..As it's Thursday today and it's weekend anyway. Can I go to  kadiyum nursery(kadiyum is a village in Andhra pradesh very famous for chain of nurseries) tomorrow itself...Meanwhile I will visit my grandparents too on my way..Will you grant me a leave for two days?"
    What he said next left me speechless!!!

So my dear readers...How's the chapter?

If you like it, don't hesitate to hit the star below and boost me to write more😜

Until then,this is anu signing off... Khudahafiz.