💔Chapter-22💔

Sashi pov
SASHIKALA...WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"as soon as I heard my dad thundering voice,my whole body got goosebumps..Never in my life did he call me by my name...I am dead..I am dead.my eyes already started tearing.. I removed my hands which were embracing abhi till the last second..but he refused to leave me..I freed myself pushing him very hardly..Shock clearly evident on my face..I stood on a busy road even through the vehicles moving swiftly,I can clearly see a pair of bloodshot eyes across the road...He started coming towards me...Step by step as he neared...My fear got doubled and my heartbeat increased..My body got very hot and sweat started forming on my forehead.."uncle.. Sashi didn't"Abhi started reasoning"you shut up...JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE MY DAUGHTER"he shouted on top of his lungs...And took my hands and dragged me from him..He was as helpless as me..He came following us and tried to explain my dad"uncle..She is not wrong"but my dad didn't let him"and who are you to certify my daughter?Don't you dare to step forward..I swear I won't spare Sashikala"he warned with gritted teeth...venom spitting from his every word...Tears flowing endlessly...All the people surrounded us and watching the show..I was ashamed of me for the first time in my life...
He dragged me to my home and raised his hand to slap me..But stopped in midway...My amma came rushing to us and terrified by the look of my father asked"what happened?Why are you doing?Are you in conscious?"she said defending me..

"I am in good concious state..But it's your daughter who got blinded..Is this the manners we taught you?"he said thundering and his eyes bloodshot.

"Nanna..Try to understand...I am sorry for what happened.. Listen..Let me explain.."

"Explain?What will you explain?Huh? Hugging a guy in public.. In front of everyone.. Without any shame..What the hell will you explain?Did you ever think of the family pride?"my dad cut me off

"Prakash..Calm down for godsake..Please sit..You already have high BP..Please calm down "my amma tried to calm him

"How can I be calm padma..The daughter we have raised for 23 years is hugging a stranger in the middle of the road..How do you expect me to react?Huh?"he demanded

His anger has a reason but my silence shouldn't be the answer.

"Nanna..He is not stranger"I tried answering raising my voice

"Don't you dare speak a word Sashikala...Enough is enough..You literally killed us today...Did you ever think of family before doing such shameful act?Now how can we walk in the society with head held high?"my dad roared

"I thought a million times about our family. Okay?..I thought about manners..Family pride and you both..My parents..What have I not done till today nanna?

You didn't give me enough freedom as you have given for vamsi... Accepted

You didn't send me for any youth festivals for singing competition even though I am the only one selected from university... Accepted

You didn't allow me atleast to apply for colleges in North India for higher education.. Accepted

You will check my gallery,my messages,my complete phone without my knowledge... Accepted

You know what?Because of you guys..I avoided abhi..He proposed me 6 years ago...I left him in agony.. until today I love him and he loves me..Still I never accepted his love.. Because of you...
How much more efforts do I need to put to gain your trust?Huh?

I have been striving from years to obey to what the hell you say...I am tired of expecting things which will never happen in my life...I stopped expecting and started accepting..

The smile you see on my face everyday is result of accepting the struggles I face but you can never know nanna.. Because I never let you know...Today I am telling you..

Even after saying all these things...If you bring a guy and order me to marry him...Still I will accept ...

But remember one thing nanna..You are snatching away your own daughter's happiness in the name of caste,pride and society... Remember that thing...And this regret will not leave you till you die"I emitted every single word I have been trying to say all these years but had no courage..I am done now..I went to my room..Slammed the door, collapsed on my bed and started crying...The pain which I held in my heart I poured it out..

I cried hard like this after so many years..Lion formed in my throat and started aching..I cried like a person who lost his dear ones... Gradually I started hiccuping and later slept unknowingly...I woke up by sudden jerk of ringtone of my mobile..I saw abhi calling.. There are many missed calls too...I have no answer for his questions..So I texted him"it's over abhi...I was deeply regretting for rising your hopes but I couldn't help either...My dad will not agree for this..Forgive me and if possible forget me" I texted him and switched off my mobile afraid to see his reply..

I slowly descended the steps and came to hall..My head is throbbing and my eyes are fully swollen..I sat on coach holding my head in my palms..My mom came and gave me a glass of water...I took with shaky hands and drank it..

She is very silent and walked to kitchen.."amma..Speak something..What are you doing this to me.."I asked

"We are doing this?You father left home and went out...His mobile is not reachable...I am worried sashi...He never did a thing like this before"she said panicking

"What?How?When?"I asked shocked

"After you went to your room he took car keys and left...I hope is fine..."my mom said breaking down

"All this is because of me..It's my mistake amma...I never intended to do this...I am the reason for this misery"I started hitting my forehead.

"Stop it sashi..I am already worried and I can't bear another "she said silencing me..

We called all his friends...And checked neighborhood and park near our home..He is nowhere...I was tired of calling him.. restless,I returned home..
As I came home...I saw my dad sitting on sofa... Finally I sighed letting out worry and taking small steps towards him...

     Sitting on floor I placed my palm on his..He immediately withdrew his hand ..I felt bad..No worse..."I am sorry nanna"I said meekly...

"I don't need your sorry sashi...I spoke with my friend..His family is coming to see you tomorrow...This pellichoopulu is not for you..It's for him..I don't need to take your decision anymore..If he says yes..Your marriage will be fixed"he said firmly

No change at all..."As you wish nanna"I said and left to my room...

That night I can't sleep my mind voice echoing in my ears.. Abhi's voice..My nanna's words..Sleep was miles away from me...In the morning..I was woken by amma...

No matter how old I become..I can't wake without listening my amma's voice..Old habits are difficult to die...
All this time I used to have a small hope..Maybe I can convince my parents..But today..There is nothing left..I don't even want to talk to anyone...

I got ready by myself today... Still there is no light in my eyes and no smile on my lips..My soul left me long ago..It's just a body with no emotions..
The guy and his family arrived..I can hear voices from hall..Soon my mom knocked my door and took me to kitchen and handed the tray of snacks...Step by step I walked to them..I didn't see anyone I don't want to see anyone...I bent my head and served the snacks.. Finally I sat opposite to them..there came a girl and say beside me may be his sister...She lifted my chin and said.. You're so beautiful..I forced a smile...

He stood up and I was asked to take him..I just walked till garden facing the floor and stood there...I turned away from his sight...I can't hold my tears and I don't want to create a scene in front of him...

"Now you don't even want to see me sashi?"the guy asked

My eyes widened with realisation "Abhi?"

Hello there!!!So guys..The story has finally come to an end(teary eyes😢) thanks for all the support...And I also request you to share the story with your friends...

So friends..How the chapter?Lot of drama I suppose..Can't help!!!😭 Comment in the comments section below

Don't forget to vote and keep smiling and have a great weekend ahead...Until next update stay tuned.. This is anu signing off... Khudahafiz