Chapter 5: The First Evaluation

It was November 1st, the day the practice was held during lunch for Antidote. Fans were prohibited to visit during these times for strict reasons due to the fact that the three boys had to prepare for their upcoming concert and they couldn't be disturbed at any means. With this rather disappointing rule, two very annoying fans had offer to be bodyguards prior to this month. Being as kind as he is, Akihiko couldn't refuse.

"So who is this person that you said was talented?" Akihiko asked as he turned to face Kaoru who had just entered the dance room.

(Y/N) peeked into the doors as she emerged fully into the room. Henrik didn't seem especially fond of wasting practice time, but Kaoru was able to convince him that this was going to be worth it.

"Show them what you can do," Kaoru nudged the girl towards the center as if he was a proud mother.

It was certainly weird for (Y/N) since this was the first time she had to dance in front of so many talented members.

"It's now or never," she thought as bravery surged through her body.

She was the type never take things for granted. It was the seventh grade when she lost her friend and it became the toughest year of her life. From that day on she swore that she'll focus more and hesitate less.

Kaoru sat near the center as the girl gave him her phone to operate the music. She settled herself in naturally as she waited for a cue.

Music blasted loudly through the tiny speakers as she gave the audience quite a view.

Previously the girl had worked hard in terms of working on facial expressions and facial movement as it was an area she struggled with. After 'translating' the guidebook Kaoru has given her, she learn many tips and tricks in which she saw improvement over time.

He body worked beautifully with the beats and she made sure that the movements were neither over exaggerated nor clumsy. Finally, she ended on a strong note as the guidebook had stressed about.

The most important part is the beginning and end. Leave an impression.

A look a shock fell upon Akihiko and Henrik's faces. Kaoru, on the other hand, was clapping like a madman.

"That was great! You improved so much," he yelled as he gave the girl a hug.

(Y/N) believed that Kaoru was normally the 'touchy feely' kind of guy so she returned the hug. Henrik was not particularly happy about this.

"You're not too bad, but your footwork is messy in some areas," Henrik retorted as the girl snapped her head towards him.

She replied in a rather sarcastic way, "Oh, thanks for the tip."

Henrik rolled his eyes at her and simply guided her towards the corner of the room to help her. Kaoru and Akihiko didn't tag along and they were focusing on practicing on their own.

"Watch me," he instructed.

(Y/N)'s phone was in his possession as he played the music. He seemed as if this wasn't his first time dancing to this song.

She focused deeply at his movements, grasping whatever she could remember.

"Now you try," Henrik instructed after finishing the demonstration.

She started off a little sloppy as the nervousness started to kick in. With a chuckle, Henrik moved towards her. He grabbed her shoulders and told her to relax.

Kaoru, who had just finished the first practice, was staring in their direction jealousy. Akihiko seemed to notice the fire burning in his eyes.

"You okay?" he asked as Kaoru snapped back into reality, "why are you getting so distracted today, is it because of (Y/N)?"