Chapter 34: Claustrophobia

ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

Tilly was harshly woken up by the frantic scream of a male beside her. Her head turned sharply, thus a sudden pop filled her ears. She felt light-headed for a second; a feeling of warmth flooded her head, but it vanished as swiftly as it came. It took only a short moment for that dizziness to disappear.

Her body was extremely sore from laying on what seemed to be a cold concrete floor. Her tense muscles were flexing in slight agony from even the slightest movement.

The room was abnormally cold, causing goosebumps to litter the expanse of her two arms. In fact, the room—or what appeared to be a food storage room—was extremely small and tight. The area was unfurnished and was lined by a material that muffled any sound. The lack of reverberations caused Tilly to feel a sense of deafness; however, it was extremely difficult to express her sensations that appeared to have gone haywire.

Tilly was somewhat claustrophobic, thus suddenly her hoodie felt extremely restricting against her tender neck. She grasped at the collar of the fabric, extending the front portion as far as she could. The feeling of her contained body heat rushed outwards from the created gap of that hoodie. Her breathing started to speed up, and soon Ronald was able to detect her hyperventilation.

He crawled slowly towards the panicking female and pulled her close to his chest. Her tears soaked up the fabric of his clothing generously as Ronald ran his fingers through her tangled hair.

Tilly, who was squeezing her eyes shut, was holding back the desire to vomit. Her fingernails dug deeply into the flesh of his arms.

"Shh, I'm here, take a deep breath. Everything will be okay," Ronald reassured the female.

He assumed that Tilly was simply alarmed about their current situation. They had both been through a lot, and such an event was a thought that neither could fathom.

After what appeared to be hours, Tilly had fallen asleep, exhausted from all the excessive crying.

Ronald released a sigh while continuing to stroke her hair calmly. His jaw slowly unclenched. His eyes wandered to the ceiling as they watered in frustration. He could not even scream, in fear that he would wake Tilly up. Ronald could feel the sounds of his own heartbeat, and suddenly the desire to wake up Tilly did not appear as unpleasant. 

The sensory deprivation was creeping up to him; Ronald hated the heightened feeling of his limbs creaking as they moved. He closed his eyes and released a deep breath while continuously stroking Tilly's hair. It was his way of escaping this Hell.

📖

"What do we do now?" Kaoru asked Henrik.

"Doesn't matter," His twin muttered, "For all I care, they could starve to death down there."

At first Kaoru was going to discuss what their next course of action should be, that was until he caught a glimpse of (Y/N). Thus, he did not even bother to reply, he just walked directly to (Y/N) who was napping with Shampoo.

The large window had the warm yellow light shining through the transparent material. Shampoo and (Y/N) was curled up against the warmth of the floorboards that welcomed their bodies.

Kaoru slowly approached the sleeping girl with caution; knowing that the boards would creak in certain areas.

He knelt down carefully, bringing his hands up to her hair. He savoured the feeling of the thermal heat wavering out from her hair.