Chapter 6: Unexpected Twist

The elderly woman stared at (Y/N) until she inferred her purpose here.

"Akihiko, I think your friend is here," the woman yelled as footsteps were heard echoing down steps.

He approached the front door with casual clothing. He seemed out of season as he presented himself with boy shorts and a plain black t-shirt.

"What's up?" He asked as his mom moved away to give them privacy.

"I left my keys at Henrik and Kaoru's house today and my family isn't home," the girl replied while shivering slightly against the cold wind.

Akihiko ushered the girl in as the cold breeze hit him as well, "So, what do you want?"

"Maybe I can take a guest room in your house or something. I swear I won't disturb you or your family."

"What don't you just go back to get your keys or go to Sakae's house?"

"It's too far. And my ankles can't withstand that pain."

After a few more questions the boy caved in. His mother was more than happy to finally have a girl in her house.

"Do you need anything? Water? Food?" Akihiko's mother questioned as she led the girl to the guest room.

"No that's quite alright Mrs-" (Y/N) exclaimed while hesitating on her name.

"Michelle," the woman replied, " anyways this will be where you're residing tonight."

Michelle left (Y/N) alone to settle in. After settling in (Y/N)'s stomach rumbled quietly. She quickly covered her stomach in hope that the noise would go away. Since she didn't want to bother anyone she decided not to eat.

Suddenly a knock was heard against the wooden door.

"May I come in?" a male voice sounded across the other side.

She immediately recognized it to be Akihiko's voice as she opened the door for him, "What's wrong?"

"It's Fuyuki. I don't know how I should end it," the boy sighed as he sat himself on the carpeted ground.

It was rather late at this time and they were having a deep conversation. Soon the male got the courage to tell Fuyuki tomorrow that he was ending it. After a few inspiration speeches, their conversation started to stray off topic.

The two soon realized that it was nearing 12 a.m. so Akihiko went back to his room with new found joy. He was practically skipping with adrenaline. Tomorrow was the fated day that he would dump his girlfriend and finally live a free and single life.

Now that (Y/N) was exhausted, she collapsed onto the bed as the soft pillows comforted her tired form. Although she was quite hungry, slumber engulfed her.

----------

"Breakfast everyone!" Michelle screamed as it resonated through the house.

(Y/N) was up prior to the time due to the fact that she was used to practicing dance during early hours. Unfortunately she couldn't practice today so she settled with just reading on her phone.

When Michelle called, Akihiko lazily left his room with his hair and shirt all disheveled.

"Good morning (Y/N)," he yawned when they met in the hallways.

"Good morning. Ready for the great break up?" She asked while playfully slapping him on the back.

His eyes widened as he had forgotten about the event.

"Right, gotta text her and tell her to meet at the library," he exclaimed.

The two teenagers soon arrived at a small wooden table. Akihiko's mother and father sat down next to each other as they flirted as if they were the only people in the room.