Chapter 16: Departure

|Unedited|  

(Y/N) could finally leave the hospital. The anticipation of fresh air flowing through her lungs was nearly breathtaking. Honestly, the musky and dank hospital air was too much to bare. The young girl was excited, to say the least; however, she would have to wait for her parents to come and get her, and that was not going to happen anytime soon. They worked late into the night, even José had an afterschool activity until 6:00 p.m. Knowing the school, José would probably be stuck there for a little longer.

Without much of an option, faint creaks were heard as (Y/N) swayed her feet on the edge of the white hospital bed. Her hair was in a disheveled bun; although she used to enjoy a nice shower everyday, she no longer had that luxury. She was aching for a long awaited shower and relaxation away from a hospital. Unfortunately, she was still attached to several hospital equipments; thus, preventing her from wandering around the large, busy hospital. The regularly polished floor was quite enticing. Her foot stretched as far as it could, but with no avail, she was unable to even graze the ground.

(Y/N) emitted a long audible breath while slamming her back into the cushioned bed. She looked at the same clock that hung on the wall for the past few days, and the young teen started to grow a hatred for that inanimate object. The slow movement. The annoying ticking. And the fact that it was just always there. It started to piss the girl off. It was truly the most annoying thing in existence, or so she thought. She tried to shake off her anger and excitement by returning to her phone that had been ringing for the past few minutes. Looking at the caller ID, she sighed again before picking up.

"You know that you don't always have to call me, I'm doing perfectly fine," (Y/N) answered in an irritated tone.

"I just wanted to check on you. It's been too long since I've last visited," Henrik commented on the other line.

"It's alright, I'm leaving today anyways. You'll be able to see me after the winter break."

"Wait. Why? Aren't we going to see each other during the break? We could have so much fun with the whole group."

"Can't. My parents want to go back and visit Canada. I know that it's only been a few months since we moved here, but I miss my hometown."

"I-We really wanted to spend some quality time with you. I mean...Antidote would want that."

Henrik stuttered on his last sentence, he could feel both rage and dejection bubbling under his skin. Knowing that Kaoru wouldn't like this; Henrik was in another dilemma. To be fair, no one in Antidote was going to like this. Unfortunately, he had a very unstable brother who needed to be constantly accounted for. In return, this forced Henrik to always consider Kaoru's feelings before his own.

"Well, if you have nothing else to say, I'm hanging up," (Y/N) said.

Without even waiting for a reply, she presses the large red button on the touchscreen. There wasn't much to do, but certainly there was no point in wasting time with pointless talks. The adolescent suddenly regretted hanging up with so much haste, the boy would have been a very nice distraction from the current boredom she faced. Unfortunately the hospital did not have the greatest internet connection; with very little to do, (Y/N) tried to load up YouTube. However, she could only watch parts of a video in the worst possible quality. Additionally, the loading screen would also pop up every few seconds. Silently wishing that she had a data plan, she decided to sleep.

----------

Henrik bit his tongue in his mouth vigorously, before concluding that there could be only one solution for keeping (Y/N) with them. Their plan must begin now. Henrik was quite far behind from his friend group since he had been in a daze while speaking to his love. It just so happened that the band was walking to their newly shared flat, this made it a perfect opportunity to plot their evil scheme. It was incredibly far from the school, meaning that they had to be driven to and from the flat. However, this made a perfect place to talk, and hide objects, maybe even people.