Chapter 23: Woe is Me

|Unedited|

The female woke up early in the morning with a rather strange feeling. Her stomach was not feeling good at all. So (Y/N) laid on the bed, deadly still. Her arm resting lightly on top of her abdomen to relieve the pain. However, that did her no good.

Before she knew it, (Y/N) was already sprinting towards the washroom. Her head leaned over the toilet as she vomited nonstop into it. Kaoru was an extremely deep sleeper. Her movement from the bed did not stir him at all; even when she attempted to call out to him, he did not respond at all.

Stumbling her way down the stairs, she actually fell down the last few steps trying to hold in her nausea. Soon she was able to find her way to the the kitchen. Her hands rapidly opened one drawer after the other as she searched for some kind of medication.

She took no time to close the opened shelves causing her to bump into them quite often as she continued searching in an unorganized manner.

"GOODNESS!" she yelled in frustration as she punched one of the open cabinets.

The cabinet bent in the opposite direction as it cracked. It was hanging on one hinge before falling down onto the kitchen floor.

Then Akihiko jolted awake at the terrifying sound. His pupils adjusted in the darkness as he narrowed his eyes in annoyance.

(Y/N) sounded like a drunk person crashing into everything due to their lack of coordination. Deciding to search in the living room, she abandoned the kitchen after grabbing a whole water pitcher along with her. Akihiko, who was at the top of the staircase, was assessing the situation in humour. He was uncertain if the female was in a hazy state or if she really was drunk.

"CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" (Y/N) screamed before feeling rather queasy.

She immediately emptied her stomach in a nearby garbage can. Coughing and sobbing in pain, she chugged down the water straight from the pitcher.

"Are you drunk?" Akihiko asked her as he magically appeared in the doorway.

"Does it look like I'm flipping drunk?!" she asked him in a raised tone.

"You're sure acting like you are," Akihiko laughed.

Soon the pitcher was smashed onto the floor.

"Give me Pepto Bismo or something," she sobbed.

"Why are you crying?" he asked her while laughing quietly.

It was the first time that she had cried in front of them. She was usually a pretty abstinent person when it came to holding a strong demeanour.

"I hate puking," she seethed out in behind her teeth. "It's hurting my throat."

Akihiko hugged her tightly while she stared at him in confusion, "Why are you not getting my PEPTO BISMO!? I have no time for your weird shenanigans."

"My my. So demanding," he tsked while leaving her alone for a while.

Akihiko leaped over the broken glass with the agility of a ballet dancer as he went to grab her the proper medication.

"Good, go fetch me my needs," (Y/N) mumbled under her breath.

She returned back to the garbage can and repeated her cycle. Vomiting then crying, then regurgitating once again. Without thinking, she left to grab a tissue paper only to step onto the glass in her irritated state.

"You darn glass!" she heaved out while plucking it out of her skin. "I'm gonna kill you after getting my tissue." 

Once Akihiko returned, he was greeted with the most amusing view. The girl was bashing the glass with a nearby book that she had grabbed.