Chapter 25: Breaking Brotherly Bonds

|Unedited|

(Y/N) was not one to admire the feeling of weakness and the pity of others. She wanted to feel the old energy surging through her body once again. However, with each growing day, she started to stay awake less and less. Her body growing weaker than ever before.

What was happening? She was uncertain, but it certainly correlated with her malnourished state, and the overuse of her body during the previous days.

Death seemed frighteningly close when she was with Antidote, and she hated how they could keep her weak. It was a good strategy to keep her under house arrest.

"She looks beautiful when she's asleep," Joey chuckled deeply. "But she's too thin."

(Y/N) lost a few pounds in a matter of several days, and the boys were alarmed by that. She experienced this a lot when she was sick, but even without a scale her weight loss was visible. 

"When she's with her family she's always eating so much. Should we get her some dumplings?" Henrik asked.

"No, she only eats that when she's craving it. We should get her Greek food," Kaoru replied.

"Salad, we have to get her something fresh," Henrik argued with Kaoru.

"Stop bickering, what's with you brothers these days?!" Akihiko heaved out in frustration, "I'm making her congee. Her body is probably refusing to eat too much since we practically starved her."

Joey, who had his hands around her cheeks, felt her nuzzling towards him. Her mouth was slightly ajar, as a small line of drool trailed out of her mouth. Joey took the opportunity to lick it off of her face. Feeling elated because of the presence of the girl, Joey pulled her into a tight hug which caused the girl to snap awake. 

She released a small, soft, and audible gasp before forcing herself relax even when her brain was still hyperactive.

"Glad to see that you're finally awake," Henrik said with a little aggravation in his tone.

The female nodded in response, feeling rather parched this time.

"Water?" Joey asked the female.

Once again she nodded. However, instead of heading down to the kitchen by himself, he grabbed the girl and snatched her away from the warm covers.

"Hey! Joey where are you going with her?!" Kaoru and Henrik yelled after the running male.

The twins chased after Joey in a desperate run. Meanwhile Akihiko, who was cooking in the kitchen, was shocked to see the whole household gather in the kitchen within a second.

"Come to visit me so soon (Y/N)?" Akihiko asked, ignoring all the other males in the room.

"I'm just getting water for her," Joey announced while moving her body away from Akihiko.

In great hesitation, Joey handed the female to Kaoru, "Why don't you place her down on the couch."

Through this whole exchange, (Y/N) was drifting off again. She was passed carefully from Joey's to Kaoru's arm. She felt as if she woke up from her sleep on an early school day. The warm feeling of the blanket suffocating her body from the cold air, the loud chirps of the birds, and the feeling of true peace was enough to send her back to dreamland. This was a rare feeling for her since the need to dance was in her blood, she was often up early instead of sleeping in.

"Just five more minutes," she mumbled in Kaoru's shirt.

"No, no more sleeping!" Kaoru said while trying to shake her awake.