Chapter 21: Breathe In, Breathe Out

"She's not waking up, and it's my turn to spend the day with her!" Kaoru huffed out in anguish. "I'm gonna kill Akihiko."

(Y/N) didn't move at all in her slumber, and she definitely did not show any signs of waking up within a few hours. However, her dark eye bags were still quite defined, and it was clear that she was not receiving enough sleep.

Kaoru was infuriated at this point. He wasn't going to delay his time with (Y/N) any longer since it was already 11:00 in the morning. Suddenly, a thought popped up in his head.

"Maybe she will wake up if she needs oxygen!" Kaoru thought.

Without hesitation, his hands found its way to (Y/N)'s thin neck. He admired her soft skin under his palms as he started to press his hands lightly against her throat. He was able to feel a steady thump of her pulse over her carotid artery as he neared the side of her windpipe. The ideas of marking her skin sent shivers up his spine.

"I'm sorry my little dove," Kaoru apologised while he kissed her forehead.

Since her head was against a pillow, Kaoru simply decided to overlap his two hands and press hard so that her trachea would close. It was similar to the position of doing cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

And so, he began. When the force was applied, (Y/N) tried moving away uncomfortably in her sleep. That was until Kaoru had completely blocked off all entry of air. A few seconds after applying a large amount of pressure, her eyes snapped open as she immediately start moving in fear. Kaoru could feel her trying to swallow, and that was when he removed his hands.

The young female coughed painfully as her eyes became blood shot. Her face turned red, and it sounded like someone was clanging a bell around her. Despite the fact that she was extremely lethargic, she was trying to breathe in hectic raspy breaths. The reoccurring vision loss was irritating her, but there was nothing she could do but stumble around foolishly and double over.

"What in the world did you do!" Akihiko screamed when he entered the room. "Do you know how dangerous that was?!"

(Y/N) felt sick to the stomach as her mouth started to salivate. Unfortunately, she had nothing to throw up except for the water in her stomach. She cried in pain and fear since she was in a state of confusion.

"It's alright, it's alright," Joey exclaimed gently as he hugged the girl close to him, he had also just entered the room with Henrik.

"Kaoru, you don't understand how serious this is! Strangulation can be lethal," Akihiko warned him in a fatherly tone.

"And drugging her isn't?" Kaoru counterattacked.

"I know what I'm doing. I have an antidote for her as backup," Akihiko responded. "You act rashly, and as far as I'm concerned, you don't have a backup plan!"

"Guys stop fighting and help her already!" Henrik angrily yelled at the two males.

"Let her lie down," Akihiko instructed.

Joey picked her up like a child while she was still hacking away like a cat with a hairball. Her thoughts were very hazy, and the young girl was now seeing little men in tights dancing around her while playing an instrument unknown to human beings. It sounded like a fire alarm, but it was definitely quieter.

Once she was laid onto the mattress once again, she was covered by the blanket. Unfortunately, Kaoru received quite a punch from the girl as she attempted to knock out the imaginary men.

"Will someone restrain her?" Koaru requested while glaring at the others.

He was angry at her for punching him out of nowhere, but with only one glance at her, he was able to relax.