Chapter 8: Competition

The air was particularly cold today. However, nothing would stop young girls and boys gathering in a building for their trials. Today was the most anticipated day that Antidote would choose a backup dancer.

(Y/N)'s foot has healed just the previous day. She was very fortunate that she still had time to squeeze some practice in before the actual competition. Now, it was the most anxious waiting that she has ever done in her entire life. Everyone was seated in rows wearing all different types of prestigious clothing that she couldn't even compare to. The pride and confidence was seen in a selected few as the rest attempted not to shiver from the nervousness.

"(Y/N), you may now enter," a middle aged woman announced.

Each contestant individually entered a room where they would be judged. The members of Antidote, and their manager, sat in a row.

"State your name and the choreography that you'll be showing us today," their manager spoke in a clear and concise voice.

After all the formalities, she began her dance. It was the same dance that Henrik helped her in during the first evaluation. Throughout the analyzes, Kaoru was constantly smiling at the girl while everyone else held a stoic face. There was also a camera that was used to record each of the contestant's dance for future reference.

In a few minutes (Y/N) was out of the studio. She went to grab her winter jacket and boots before leaving the place. Before leaving, she looked at the crowd and noticed that the number has diminished quite significantly. They worked at a snappy pace as there were hundreds of applicants. If a competitor was accepted, they would receive an email within the next 7 days.

----------

"So, how was it?" José asked as (Y/N) entered the house.

"Lots of people. Don't think I made it," she replied after prying off all of her winter wear.

She made her way up towards her room before letting out a long sigh. There was too much going on right now. One thing's for sure, she needed to mend things with Sakae. However, Sakae didn't want to be forgiven, so why should (Y/N) even forgive her for all that she has done?

「(Y/N): Hey, Sakae.

☘Sakae☘: What do you want?

(Y/N): Wanna meet up. We really need to talk.

☘Sakae☘: Frankly, no.

(Y/N): Girl, I'm just try'na to fix things up.」

After that text, Sakae never responded and left (Y/N) at 'read'. (Y/N) even took the initiative to start a conversation with her ex-friend.

With nothing better to do, (Y/N) grabbed her homework and started to get to work.

After just a few minutes into the homework, José walked into her room without knocking, "Wanna game?"

The girl gave him a confident smirk as she responded, "If you're ready to lose."

Amongst José's group of friends, (Y/N) teamed up with two of them as he teamed up with the remaining two. She logged onto her computer and pulled up the multiplayer online shooting game. With her headphones securely over her ears, they started the game.

----------

"Finally, done for the day," Akihiko sighed as he leaned back into his rotatable chair.

"We still have around 50 applicants to get through tomorrow," Henrik added to annoy the fellow male.

"You always kill the fun," Akihiko responded with a pout.

It was approaching midnight, the trio was still stuck in the auditioning studio. The day has gone on for a little longer than they expected.