Chapter 35: Discovery

ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

(Y/N)'s curiosity was impossible to be sated. Although it was nearly impossible to evade the attention given to her from Antidote, (Y/N) managed to give them the slip. She had spent enough time in order to know where to go and when. Yet, escape was not an easy task. The few meager minutes were barely enough for her to squeeze her way out of their clutches. The action of leaving the boys alone was also used sparingly; she did not want them to increase their security over her.

(Y/N) was far from foolish, she knew that they were hiding something in their basement, and it was her goal to uncover who or what was down there. It would be a dangerous and extremely frightening task; however, the more that she could learn about them, the more she would be able to retaliate with factual evidence when time comes. 

The amount of free time that she had was enough to drive her to a point of infuriation, so this time she was determined to find out something that could help her cause.

The stairs creaked audibly as her feet encountered the cool touch of the hard floor. She cringed at the drop of the temperature, but it was just a thought at the back of her head. Her toes turned slightly red at the tips as she tippy-toed her way to a room that she was suspicious of. The males had never invited her to visit that room, yet she had never bothered to investigate it herself. She felt that her lack of interest would soon benefit her and so it has. She knew when they were hiding something from her—the look of hurt in their eyes told her loads of information. They could read her as well as she could read them. Making everyone open books. It was a scary concept, but at this point (Y/N) had nothing to hide anymore. But they did. 

(Y/N) tensed up as she approached the door handle. Just the appearance of the keyhole in the doorknob told her that she would need to find a key. The young girl cursed quietly under her breath. Despite that, she still attempted to twist the door handle. Her right palm laid against the door as her fingers curled around the spherical object. The resistance against the force she applied indicated that she would not be able to open it.

Soon she decided that she should leave a reassuring sign to whoever or whatever was in there. She knocked distinctively against that metal door. The feeling was enough to lightly bruise her knuckles with her weakened state. 

📖

Ronald's eyes lit up when he heard the quiet knocks; he knew that Antidote would just barge in. This was a soft and distinctive sound. Was this (Y/N)? The one long knock was followed by two short rasps, and finally another long knock. What was she trying to tell them? How did she even know that they were in there?

Ronald was going to go crazy. He was not even sure if he would inform Tilly about this event (once she woke up). She was not at the emotional state where he was comfortable sharing this information with. Thus, he would have to work this out all by himself.

📖

(Y/N) walked away while biting her lower lip. Her assumption was that there was a person in that room and that they were still alive. The basis of this was that the day that Antidote disappeared suddenly they returned home with that look of exhilaration in their eyes. Deep down (Y/N) knew that they were murders, yet they appeared so innocent in front of her.

She hurried up the staircase—nearly scrambling to make it past the last few steps. Once she was safely out of that area, a huff of air was released. Logically speaking, the key was likely to be on one of them. They had probably placed it into the care of one of the more protective and stable members.

(Y/N) moved further from the staircase before sitting down and thinking. Who had the key? Considering that Joey was the one who appeared the most stable, (Y/N) decided to confront him first.