Chapter 32: Complications

ᴜɴᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ

"This is quite an issue," Joey sighed as she seated himself onto the worn-down couch.

Everyone in the household had seated themselves in the common area. The lack of food was evident on their faces, though they still managed to withhold the glow of a model. The males had to present their best sides for the music video; that was most definitely of high production value. It was quite surprising that Antidote still had not roused any suspicions within their many staff members. Today was one of the few odd days where they were allowed to return to their homes. The production crew had to work on some issues with the set, thus they decided that it would be best to send the males home to rest. If it was only a minor issue they would be stuck on set. However, this accident was a major issue since a metal support beam had fallen dangerously close to Kaoru while they were filming.

"They'll have to record a group dance anyways, this is inevitable," Akihiko responded.

"Ah, (Y/N) you've decided to join us?" Kaoru asked when he caught a glimpse of her at the doorway.

The female did not even enter the room in the slightest, her hair had merely floated by Kaoru's peripheral vision. She also wanted to ensure that her footsteps were light, despite all of that, Kaoru's ability to notice such minor details concerned her.

"I was just going to get some food in the kitchen," (Y/N) replied in a timid voice, "please carry on."

"I'll come with you," Kaoru said in a firm voice—the girl decided that it would be useless to debate such a pointless conversation.

"Why don't we move our conversation to the kitchen?" Joey offered to the eager males.

The tired teenagers headed to the kitchen; however, they did not want to be around food, (Y/N) was the only reason that they would even set a foot in that area. The food was quite distracting, not as much as (Y/N), but it was still bothering them a considerable amount. However, she was a pleasure to be around.

"You guys are on a strict diet, are you sure that you should all be joining me?" (Y/N) attempted to argue.

"We're good," Henrik quickly remarked.

Despite the awkward feeling that the female felt, she prepared herself a meal hesitantly. She did not know where anything was placed, thus this would have been the perfect opportunity for her to scout around and observe her surroundings. Perhaps she could snatch a few items here and there.

"Let me get that for you," Joey kindly offered (Y/N) when he perceived that she was cutting some carrots to place into her little soup.

Joey caught sight of the dangerous item, and he decided to step in before anything horrible occurred. Calmly removing the sharp object from the palm of her hand, he professionally divided the orange root into several even pieces.

In a docile motion, it was discarded into the boiling pot of soup.

"What would you like me to add?" Joey questioned respectfully.

(Y/N) was grateful that Joey took the time to ask her her preferences, so she courteously handed over several vegetables that she saw fit.

Joey was exceptionally brilliant when it came to preparing any meals—it was evident when he offered her his repast compared to the others. (Y/N) was not one to judge the cook when it came to food, yet it was difficult to ignore the culinary skills that Joey possessed.

"Do your parents cook?" (Y/N) asked Joey as she cleaned up after the mess that they made.

"I'm surprised that you don't remember, you used to be over at my place quite often," Joey replied nonchalantly, not intending to sound bitter towards the female.