Chapter 13: Conflict

|Unedited|

Nothing made sense at this point. There was no sanity, no holding back.

A few minutes ago, Antidote made it to the residence. It was a cold and tiring climb, but they were relentless. They knocked on the cabin door three times to see if there was anyone in it. On the outside the cabin was very worn out. However, there was light illuminating out of a couple of windows.

"Hello is anybody there?!" Akihiko yelled in a frantic tone.

After a couple minutes of waiting, they could all hear footsteps approaching the door. The door was cautiously swung open as a muscular man peered out of the door. He allowed no room to let anyone see inside the house.

"Sir we are travellers who are lost. Would you allow us to stay for a night?" Akihiko asked in an innocent manner.

Justin stood there in puzzlement. It would seem weird for travellers to be out during winter in such a remote area.

"No, you can not," Justin stated while attempting to close to door.

However, the door would not close due to Akihiko placing his foot between the doorway. His menacing look was enough to put Justin in a panic.

"It wasn't really an option," Akihiko hissed as the door was pryed open with his hands.

Antidote rushed into the residence with no welcome. Seeing that it was necessary, Akihiko stayed behind the frantic search for (Y/N). He was in charge of handling and keeping Justin at bay. The two were rolling on the ground in a furious fist fight. Soon it escalated to the next level, Justin was withdrawing a pistol out of nowhere. For some odd reason, he kept his gun everywhere.

"So you want to play like that, huh?" Akihiko taunted with one of his eyebrow raised.

Akihiko was not equipped with his best weapon of choice. Honestly, the odds were certainly not on his side. With only a small hand knife, he advanced towards Justin.

Meanwhile, Kaoru was violently ripping the doors out of their hinges. He did not use any common sense and just dove straight into any door he would encounter. However, Henrik and Joey decided to think logically. They headed straight for the basement door before hearing various shots being fired.

"Will Akihiko be alright?" Joey asked Henrik.

"I've known him for a few years. Once he's in a violent mood, nothing can stop him," Henrik stated.

The basement door was obviously locked. There was no sign of the key being anywhere near them, and that was troubling.

"What now?" Henrik asked as he slammed his rather thin body against the door.

Using a bobby pin that he retrieved from his growing hair, Joey bent it into an odd shape before inserting it into the lock. He fumbled around for quite a bit before hearing the satisfying noise of the lock being opened.

No words were exchanged as the two made their way into the dark, cellar-like, basement. The made sure to be quick yet cautious. Henrik used his phone as a flashlight, and once the small room was illuminated they could see the mess that was inhabiting the area.

"She was here," Henrik said as he picked up a strand of hair.

The duo shined the light against the walls to check for any clues that they may have left behind. Upon further inspection, they could see a worn down metal door. Much to their joy, it was not locked. Joey was the first to step through the door. It was quite odd as it lead to a long hallway with several other rooms that were connected. At the end of the rather gloomy hallway, light peered through the little crack of the door. Without hesitation, the two grabbed at the knob and practically ripped open the door.