Chapter 17: Thoughts

|Unedited|

(Y/N) had just finished packing for her long awaited trip. However, she noted that she still had to wait a few days before they could leave to Canada. Her smooth suitcase was unbelievably stuffed, and it required her to squish every little thing inside the tiny area.

"José what did you bring?!" (Y/N) yelled in her room, on previous trips she had always confirmed what they would pack together, it was something the siblings bonded over.

José was just in the next door room; he was busy stuffing his clothes inside a suitcase, until his sister came stampeding into his private space, as she knocked out his breath when she tackled him.

"(Y/N), take it easy, your body isn't ready to tackle people yet," José warned in a worried voice.

"My body is always ready to tackle people," (Y/N) retorted while waving her arms around frantically to prove her mobility.

"Stop doing that! Mom and dad will kill me if they see you being so active," José said hectically while pushing her arms tightly to her side.

The girl frowned slightly before resuming her happy attitude. After she decided that José wasn't going to be doing anything fun or worthwhile, she trotted to the kitchen happily.

"(Y/N)! You finally left your room," Evie exclaimed happily while she was cooking.

Immediately (Y/N) froze in place, she eyed her mother carefully while she felt as if something was wrong. Her skin was covered in goosebumps, and the girl started to visibly shiver.

"Sweetie, are you alright?" Evie asked as she she halted her cooking.

The memories of the kidnapping bubbled up from (Y/N)'s unconscious mind while watching Evie cut into the animal meat. Her mother held a sharp, silver knife, (that closely resembled the one that the kidnappers used) to make clean cuts through the tender animal meat. To be fair, the knife was a common one that could be purchased in many shops. Nevertheless, (Y/N) felt sick to the stomach as well as sharp pain in her abdomen; however, she was uncertain if the pain was her imagination or not.

"Stop it! Let me go!" (Y/N) mumbled while dropping to the ground in a fetal position, with her hand was pressed firmly against her stomach.

Fresh and hot tears streamed down her face as she sobbed relentlessly onto the floor. Her loud screaming attracted the attention of all the members in the family, as they all rushed into the kitchen in worry.

"Honey, I'm so sorry," Evie exclaimed while patting (Y/N)'s back despite being quite confused about the situation.

Evie had placed the knife in a very far area before helping her daughter up. José stepped in to help his mom. Now (Y/N) was shaking against her brother's chest while he tried to hug her in comfort. Originally she was quite disoriented as José patted her back gently. Eventually, her body was able to stabilize. During the time while (Y/N) was calming down, Evie had gone to fetch her daughter some hot water and something to wipe her face with.

"(Y/N) it's alright. I'm here with you," José attempted to reassure his sister.

Taking deep breaths and sipping on the hot water that her mom provided, the young girl was able to calm down within a few minutes.

"Oh dear. We might need to get you a psychotherapist," Evie said while contemplating her decision.

Shaking her head to indicate that she was fine, (Y/N) moved her body away from her protective brother's arms. She sat up by herself, and her body collapsed on the wonderfully soft cushions located on the couch. Slowly she released a shaky breath while Xavier wiped her face with a warm towel.