Chapter 15: Settling

A/N
I just wanted to thank all of you who read, voted, and commented on this book. I am extremely grateful for getting 2k reads. These few chapters may not be as thrilling, but I promise that there will be action soon.
-Carrot Jam

|Unedited|

She sat there in awe. Slowly she touched her cheeks and pinched it. Realizing that she could feel the pain other than the numbing sensation in her abdomen, she knew that it was all real. She was alive.

The nurses had left her alone for a few moments. In that time she had calmed down and analyzed the situation. It was now the next day from the day that she had woken up. The room was different from the previous one, as she was the only one in the current area. The previous new surrounding had confused her greatly which tempted her reaction. However, she was still left in the unknown about how she got to the current situation. No one enlightened her, so that she would not remember any of the traumatizing events.

Still in awe, she sat up on the hospital bed. Her mind was racing around as she stared blankly at the opposite wall. A small creak from the wooden door indicated another presence in the room. (Y/N) looked to her left and nearly cried out in joy.

"Mom, dad, José," she croaked tearfully.

The whole family started to shed happy tears as they ran to embrace her.

"Oh honey, I thought we nearly lost you," Evie squeezed her daughter closer to her chest, "wait let me call the nurse."

José awkwardly ran his fingers through her knitted hair. He wiped away his tears rapidly as they kept flowing down his cheeks.

"Don't do that ever again. Don't make me leave you again," José punched her arm teasingly while (Y/N) smiled lightly uncertain about what he meant by 'leaving you'.

Her father touched her face gingerly as he stared deeply into her eyes. A look of sorrow and immense regret was laced behind his brown eyes.

"Are you hungry? Do you need anything?" Xavier asked.

The teenage girl shook her head to indicate that she was fine at that moment.

She seemed to be having a hard time remembering any of the intense events. Her hands ran to her stomach as she lifted her shirt a little. She felt empty in some way that was undescribable. It was a foreign feeling, but not a very appreciative one. When she peeked at her stomach, her skin was adorned with several scars that ran intricately in several areas. Additionally her memory was fuzzy, she couldn't even remember why she was here in the first place. In some odd way, the thought of being in the hospital felt fitting.

"What happened to me?" (Y/N) asked while pulling her shirt back down.

Her mind was trying to push away all the information that happened to her. It was all like a dreadful nightmare, nothing more, nothing less.

Her family looked at each other and refused to speak about the situation.

"Don't worry about it, you're safe and that's all that matters," Evie exclaimed.

"How long have I been out for?" (Y/N) asked.

"Around a week. A little longer," José explained.

Looking at the clock in the white room, she realized that it was around 9:00 a.m. However, she was uncertain about what day it was. Looking beside her, a little calendar by her bed indicated that it was Tuesday. The next week was the winter break.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school José? Oh my goodness, how am I going to catch up to all that school work?" (Y/N) questioned in an alarmed way.