Part 7

Nicole

My head was aching when I woke up. I looked around the unfamiliar room. Leaning up on my elbow, my eyes squinted as I adjusted to the light outside. It was still obviously day time. I vaguely remember getting the underground and jumping off at a random stop so I could puke into the nearest bin. My head was killing me.

Oh yeh that's right. I fell and made a complete tit of myself. I slowly stood up. I was wearing a loose Nirvana T-shirt and my underwear. This top was definitely not mine. Looking around the arty room. I admired the paintings on the wall. They were all hand painted of different sceneries. They were pretty fucking cool. Then I seen a picture of Kim, Shane and Lily. So I guess this was in Lily's room.

I had flashbacks of poor attempts of flirting with her at the airport. I was so drunk. I needed to control my drinking this weekend. Especially around a certain brunette. Otherwise I would end up like this. In her clothes and not having a bloody clue what had happened. I decided to leave her room and look for the others in the flat.

It was quiet walking down the narrow hallway. Once I got the living room, the sofa was empty. I saw Lily sitting across the window ledge with a art pad and pencil in her hand as she studied out the window while drawing intently.

"Hey" I smiled shyly, leaning against the wall of the living room. She looked up from her drawing and her eyes travelled over my body before settling on my eyes. Maybe I should have put some pants on. But she gave me a wide smile.

"Hi" she replied back. It's literally been a month of not seeing her properly. Being alone with her. I barely know the girl and she was horrible the last time I seen her but the truth was. I missed her. I missed Lily.

Lily

She looks so fucking hot dressed in my T-Shirt and I can only presume she has underwear on underneath. She needs to cover up before I take her on the sofa. I got up from the window ledge and walk over the clothes horse. Picking up a pair of dry joggers, I approached her.

"Here put these on and I'll get you some ice for this" I said as I lightly ran my fingers over her swollen cheek.

When I say she face planted the ground. She fucking face planted the ground. This was my time to make it up to her for being a dick the last time I seen her. I walked over to the freezer and took out a bag of peas. She had quickly put the joggers on by the time I turned around and grabbed her a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Sit down" I said, pointing towards the sofa and she nodded and done what I told her.

"Where's Kim and Tim" Nicole asked with a slight laugh. Her laugh was intoxicating and I couldn't help but smile at her as I followed her to the sofa.

"They have gone out exploring..you were completely out and I said I would stay back and make sure you were ok" I replied handing her the bottle of water. 

She blushed slightly and looked towards the floor. She seemed slightly embarrassed. It just made me smile. I lightly placed the bag on her cheek and she winced with pain.

"I'm sorry for being a dick to you back home" I sighed and her eyes found mine.

"What I said was totally unacceptable and  untrue" I added feeling guilty as I continued to press the peas to her cheek.

"It's ok" Nicole shook her head.

"No really it's not..I wanted to message you on Facebook so many times but I thought why not say it face to face so I convinced Kim to organise this" I blurted out and her eyes furrowed.

"This was your idea" She asked raising an eye brow.

"Yeh" I replied letting out a huge sigh. I felt like an idiot for actually telling her the truth.