Part 3

Nicole

Jesus those vodkas Kim poured me are bloody strong. I made my way out to the back garden giving the odd random person a nod and a smile. Lily really did have a lot of random friends. I caught a few girls glaring my way at times as I stood chatting to Kim inside.

I wasn't entirely sure  why they were, maybe Lily had warned them about me. For what though. She didn't know me and either did they. So as far as I was concerned they could keep their gothic eyes to themselves.

Donna seemed nice..a bit too friendly but definitely more talkative than Lily anyway. I had even tried to make a conversation with Lily earlier but it was pointless I barely got a reply and she couldn't wait to get away from me. Did I really irritate her that much she couldn't bare to be around me.

I decided to leave Kim and Donna to it and let Lily rejoin them it was her birthday after all. Watching the night sky it was a true sign summer was approaching as the smallest of clouds past by over head another couple of weeks and we would hopefully be getting some sunny days. But then again I wouldn't hold my breath.

"Well well look who's down here waiting for me" I hear that cocky voice in my ear.

Fuck off Shane..Seriously this boy was beyond irritating me. I mean he was polar opposite to his family. I loved Kim's parents as if they were my own. Kim was my best friend and such a loyal friend and Lily well she take much of a like to me but at least she was something pretty and didn't cause me any trouble. This boy really needs a personality transplant.

"Shane" I greeted him with a fake smile plastered across my tipsy face.

"You are looking sexy tonight" Shane grumbled as he came closer I could smell the stench of stale beer off his breath.

"Thanks but it's not going to happen" I replied dryly as I stepped around him but his right grip around my wrist stopped me as he pushed me back against the shed wall out of view of anyone at the party.

"Do you think you are something special Ryan...You're nothing but a cheap slag" he spat at me as he pushed me hard against the wall I could feel my skin under his grip sting. My heart began to race, he was starting to freak me out now..

"What gives you the right to turn me down..you should be lucky I even give your slutty arse attention" he added as his free hand traced roughly over my face causing me to pull my head back I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Let go Shane" I snapped struggling with his drunken body as he held his grip tight he glared at me for a moment.

I could see his darkened eyes glare into mine..his mind racing..he could easily do what he wanted to me right now and no one would know but as his face and grip softened I knew he wasn't that type of person.

As cocky and arrogant as he was this was the booze talking and he wouldn't hurt me..physically anyway. Before I knew it, he was stumbling backwards just staring at me in disbelief frightened by his own actions he disappeared back up to the house and quickly inside.

My heart raced as I caught my breath and gripped my reddened wrist. Fucking hell he frightened the shit out of me. I sat down on the edge of the flower bed gathering my nerves. Maybe it was time to go home. I had already drank enough and Kim was practically the only one talking to me while Donna gave me the odd creepy stare. I could just tell Kim I'm not feeling well. Tears began to prick my eyes at the thought of what Shane had said and what he could have done...

"Hey" I heard next to me as my stomach clenched thinking it was Shane back to torment me but I glanced up to see a slight resemblance to Shane as Lily stood there clutching her drink as I stared at the colourful ink running along the length of her arm. She smiled sympathetically...why..why was she looking at me like this I thought as I quickly wiped my eyes ensuring my tears were gone.