Taming the Tattooed Boy

- i -

The hallways were the usual; filled with people jabbering on about their summer vacation, couples making out intensely against their lockers, and students already earning their detention for disobeying the rules of 'No Skating in the Hallway'. You never minded any of them, but you'll admit that you'll greatly miss its lively atmosphere.

Distracted by your surroundings, you didn't catch the sight of a rushing administer, causing you to bump roughly against his shoulder. Your bag dropped, while he had quite a lot of papers to pick up. You could hear him muttering angry, incoherent curses under his breath as he resumed to collect his fallen materials. With a defeated sigh, you kneeled down and began helping him, despite your will.

"You were the second one today. Can't you teenagers be a little less careless?" He spoke, with a raspy voice. He seemed ill, and the fact that he collided with two students under that condition seemed to much for him. Wasn't his day, today.

"I'm sorry, sir."

He simply nodded, as you handed the papers you've picked up for him. He took them almost quickly, before rushing off to finish his business. You huffed, picking up your bag before striding to your locker.

To your surprise, and half expectation, your 'clique' arrived earlier before you did. Judging from their giggles and laughter, they've had quite a lot of fun over their break, unlike you.

You were the complete outsider from your friends. You preferred to read books than text messages, enjoy the glistening stars in the night than the spinning of bright lights in discos, the coolness of the breeze against your skin rather than the heated body of a bare man over you. Nonetheless, they appreciated you for who you were, and none of them dared to judged you from your difference. You especially adored them because of that.

"Ahh, she's here. The little cute princess," your friend teased as you arrived with an amused expression. The other 2 giggled, as you responded by sticking your tongue out, entering the combination to your locker.

"Leave me alone, Beth. So, how was that little party you and Judy here hosted?"

You gestured at Judy, using your head, while successfully opening your little vault. Dropping most of your books inside, you listened even without the need to look.

"Girl, you outta congratulate us. It was the I repeat, the hottest party in the summer!"

"Bummer you didn't come though, you would've had a blast," Judy added.

You shrugged pausing to turn at the two, "Not into it, but hey, Ella didn't go either since parties aren't her thing." You shrugged off your cardigan, and hung it on the hook inside your locker. It was then that you noticed it suddenly fell silent, but the smirks on all of their faces meant something extraordinary occurred. Ella on the other hand, was blushing, hard.

"W-What happened? She came didn't she?!"

"Pfft, yeah she definitely came, because of a certain man who made her," Beth winked at Judy, and she nudged her before both broke into a fit of laughter. Your jaw could've fallen to the floor if it wasn't attached to your head, & if Ella was an apple right now, she'd be a ripe one.

"..You idiots! How could you do that to her?! Ella, did they force you..?"

She shook her head to your shock, "N-no... I.. I really l-like him and-"

"-She took it all the way to home run," Judy finished, patting the shy girl on her shoulder. You mentally facepalmed. 'Great, even the most innocent angel has a boyfriend and I have the whole Harry Potter collection.'

"Ella, are you sure you were ready to y'know.. take it to that level? I mean, you two barely knew each other."

"I-I don't know... He said that.. that he'll take care of ..m-me," she responded under a hushed tone.

You sighed, slamming your locker shut after grabbing your copy of 'The Outsiders'.

"I can't stop you so, hopefully he makes you happy. And you two," you shot the 'troublemakers' a strict glare,"..please don't do that again next time."

Beth scoffed, "No promises, sister."

You laughed, and the rest joined as well. Every now and then, your friends, including you would laugh at the silly things you've done during the summer, and mentally sobbed at the things you weren't able to. Under a laughing fit, you walked down the hall towards your first period class. It was nearly time to start the day, and none of you desired to be late at the first day of your senior years.