-- He's Back --

Somehow, I'd repeatedly force myself to retreat him out of my thoughts. They never really seem to be that effective. Class has ended, and I was practically dragging myself out of the classroom. Usually, I'd be quick and energetic, but that was when my friends would still chit-chat and gossip, as my nose would be stuck between The Hunger Games or The Giver. I was hardly in the mood for anything nowadays, except for home. I couldn't wait to get a taste of Elliot's delicious after school meal, along with that scowl on his face that I've learned to adore and tease.

I'd finally finished my endless packing, before walking out with an exhale of breath. As much as I hated to admit, Robbie's surprising actions refused to leave my mind. I didn't know whether to dislike him, or thank him. Disliking him for continuing to toy with my heart, but thanking him for saving my unappreciative butt.

The thoughts that ran in my head weren't unanswered for too long, my eyes catching another scene that felt like a thousand knives stabbing my chest repeatedly. Those arms that I wished were around my waist, were tightly gripped over another girl's. Those hands that I've longed to hold were cupping her flushed cheeks. That smile, the very real smile that any girl would want to see, is the only sight that her eyes are glued on. And now, those lips that I've desired to taste for so long, are connected with someone else.

I felt my heart cracking into pieces. That same feeling returned again. When Felix left, everything just seemed to crumble apart. I disliked that feeling to the bottom of my gut, now I had to bear with it again, and it hurts since my heart was already wounded.

From that moment on, I knew well that I would never obtain his heart. I was foolish to think that someone as special as him could return these silly old feelings. I wanted nothing more than to forget about him, and this time, I'll try to my very extent.

I was alone in P.E, refusing to speak to anyone. If I did, a couple words would usually leave my mouth, and that'll be that. Coach Jim knew of my situation, and I couldn't thank him enough for understanding. Most of them would constantly ask if I was still traumatized from the kidnapping. To be honest, I'll never forget those gruesome hands that could've violated me. I shuddered at the memory, pulling my knees close to my chest. It was still sensitive to me, and if people continued to ask how I felt, I knew well enough that I would explode.

I was excused from today's activities, despite that I didn't bring a note. The year was nearly ending, it felt rather quicker than I expected. The past months had been a blur, a painful blur that refuses to leave me alone.

My hands worked on removing The Giver from my bag. I figured that if I was to sit in the bleachers doing absolutely nothing, might as well leave reality just for a while and fantasize about living in a utopian society.

Regular POV //

You were hooked. You were focused, almost finishing up the last chapter.. well until an untouchable jerk--

“Good Morning.”

Bastard.

Sigh, you refused to look up, “Please don't disturb me, I'm in the middle of--”

“You don't miss me?”

“Look, kid. How can I miss--”

No.. It can't really be.

You're unsure if whether or not your eyes are deceiving you, shaking your head to snap out of it. Is this the benefit for reading too much--?

“...Felix?”

He smiled, a nod answering your question.

“Hey.”

You were overwhelmed with happiness. Your conversation continued on, that you've completely forgot about the book on your hand, until it fell from your lap.

“Shoot--”

“No, I'll get it--”

As you both reached for the book, your hands touched abruptly. It was like one of those cliché romantic novels, and you had to be honest. Whenever they admitted that they felt sparks, as of now, you felt it too. You still felt the same, even after years without even a glimpse of him.

You retreated your hand, the redness on your cheek so evident he chuckled at the sight of it. He grabbed a hold of your fallen novel, before handing it to you. Mumbling a small 'thank you', he grinned teasingly.

“Acting shy all of a sudden?”

You shook your head, “Not that I.. don't want you here, I'm actually glad you're here. But, I'm curious, why?”

The grin faltered from his face, a wave of concern washing over you. Surely you couldn't have offended him or some sort, did you?

He licked his lips, a habit of his that you knew, “I heard about what happened to you.. with the kidnapping, and that bastard doing something unforgiveable.”

A gasp silently escaped your lips, your heart swelled from his words. Even after all this time, after every single attempt you've made to forget about him, he's still concerned for your safety. You hated to admit it, but this just made you miss him more. He's there physically, but you miss the memories you've had. You desired to create more memories with him.

He'd already explained that he'd be staying for a while, and maybe this time, someone can finally help you mend the pieces to your shattered heart.

“You don't really have to worry about him. I'll be okay.”

“If you were okay, you'd be out participating in class, instead you're cute little nose is stuck between the pages of these books again,” he silently chuckled. This made you smile.

Before you could respond, he'd cut you off, “I'm not only speaking on behalf of that foul-handed man who laid his hands on you. There's another bastard that you've stumbled into.”

The moment your head lowered, he knew his question has been answered. A sigh left his parted lips, his arm reaching up to wrap over your shoulders to pull you close for comfort. You leaned your head underneath his chin, you missed his touch.

“I refuse to see you so destroyed. I'll always be here by your side. I don't like it when my baby is always so down. You won't stumble into another bastard again, ya' got me?” He playfully shook you, and for the first since this morning, a laugh was able to escape your chapped lips.

“I love you, Felix.”