- Sunshine -

The shimmering light blinded through the windows, the plant thanking the given sunlight for it to grow, its leaves evidently growing. The table was littered with finished food, and littered garbage that the nurse will soon manage but for now was left to sit around.

His hand soothingly placed itself on top of yours, squeezing in assurance of his safety. You refused to believe him this time, a drop of wet tear falling to his hand. He frowned at your response, and attempted to seat himself up and wincing as he did so. You noticed the sudden shifting movement and bolted up to help him, yet he denied, shaking his head and mumbling a small 'I'm fine'. Once he felt comfortable, his head immediately turned to face yours.

He felt a sharp knife ram him repeteadly against his chest, as he scanned over your weakened figure and tear-stained face. To think this all happened all because of him. Because you were too selfless to not worry for his sake.

A sigh finally escaped his lips, “Why.”

You looked up, “Why what?”

“Why didn't you just bolt out to the exit when you had the chance? You could've just left me--”

“You requested for me. Why would I wanna deny that?”

“Pft, come on it was a request not a command. I mean people send friend requests on facebook, but you don't see all of them accepting them don't you?”

You fell silent for a moment, regaining your breath once again.

“...You don't love me anymore do you.”

He stared dead into your eyes, “I do you moron. I just-” he sighed, “--look at you. You're nearly dead all because I made you worry. Seriously, I ruined your life why bother coming closer to m--”

Robbie stopped from his sappy speech, to find your laughter bursting through the room. A brow raised from the sudden peculiar gesture was shot towards you. You coughed, a smile bursting through your lips as he waited for a damn well explanation.

“You're complaining you ruined my life? How'd you even manage to pass Freshman year under that brain of yours! You made my life far more better, fun, and worth-living and I'd be stupid to throw that all away just because of your foolishness. You sir',are probably hungry or something. Those anesthetics must be really kicking in right now.”

Leaning forward, carefully of course, you planted a small reassuring kiss on his forehead, shutting your eyes momentarily before pulling away. You cupped his cheek with your hand, and smiled softly.

“You should quit stabbing yourself with ink, it's affecting your brain.”

He simply responded with a grumble, and a chaste kiss on your lips.

As the days continued to pass by, Robbie had finally recovered from his injuries, making him acceptable to attend school. Everyone was quite surprised to see the both of you together, practically stuck together more likely, since the two of you were never really on good terms beforehand. The burning, envious stares from the girls at the hallway still brought the posessive side of you to protectively squeeze your boyfriend's tatted hand. He only smirked in amusement, as the two of you continued to nonchalantly walked to class.

It felt normal and great to return on such quick notice. And it felt even better to have him by your side.

The day the two of you returned to school was the day Prom night decided to play. The two of you had enough going out filled with people in formal clothing, so without so much as single word from both of your parents, the two of you decided to sit around and do absolutely nothing. Your mother even did the honors of staying over to her friend to leave you both some “privacy”.

Oh, and why prom was apparently before graduation? Honestly, neither of you could care less.

The two of you were tangled against each other, yet you weren't cuddling or anything no.. far from that actually. You were shopping for shoes, as your boyfriend was busy attempting to beat his high score at some game. Ocassionally, you'd reach out to play with his hair, and he'd hum in approval. However the hum would immediately shorten by some loud cussing, blaming the game for his loss.

A giggle escaped your lips, “Honestly, you need to chillax. You're so tense.”

“I could think of plenty of ways to 'relax' y'know,” a suggestive smirk played against his lips.

You could feel your cheeks heat up, turning your head back to your phone screen and mumbled, “Nevermind, we're good. We're good. You're good. Keep playing.”

The night was young, eventually what Robbie had in mind happened anyway.

“(Y/N) (L/N)”

Clapping, errupted from the whole school, even the faint sounds of whistling could be heard from the back from your friends. A single tear managed to stream down your cheek, as your name was briefly called after the announcement that you were a valedictorian. How that happened after the many absences you held? You couldn't possibly know, you were beyond shocked.

Your mother, friends, and even fellow classmates couldn't be more than proud of you. You felt appreciated that you got a chance to obtain such an award. And most importantly, Robbie was beyond proud of you.

“And before I end this long boring speech that'll eventually result to the audience snoring, I'd like to bid you all a word of advice.”

You nervously swallowed, “Once you've set your goals in your mind, strive for it. Don't hesitate, don't look back, don't even mind what others say or protest. And make a choice, that you will be proud to show off, because you didn't and wouldn't regret doing what you achieved. Thank you.”

The applause grew louder, and as you stepped off the podium, you were far from being glad than to be greeted with a passionate kiss. By then, you had plenty of witnesses but you could care less.

“I'm proud of you, baby girl.”