- Lost -

Alec POV //

My usual routine would begin by myself, greeting a few kids and friends as I continued to walk down the hallway. My science textbook was firmly on my hand, as I continued to shoot smiles at the passing students. My eyes caught the sight of girls, huddled up against a locker. The certain blonde girl stood up to me. She's Beth, "Ponyboy's" best friend.

I rushed towards them to catch up to their conversation, and they seemed to have heard the sound of my heavy footsteps or they wouldn't have turned. For some odd reason, my Ponyboy friend was out of sight. One of her friends, Ella shot me a smile.

"You're looking for her?"

I nodded, "Y-yeah, I usually walk her to class and ..stuff. Where is she?"

Judy sighed, "We were planning to ask the same question. I haven't seen her around ever since this morning."

It was peculiar. I tried to remain calm, thinking of the many places she could be in. She'd always mention how her friends and herself would hardly meet up since they're busy. Maybe this was one of those days? But still, it was odd.

Beth gave me that charming smile of hers. The same smile that I fell in love with.

What? You thought I'd be in love with Ms. Bookworm? Absolutely not. She's a friend, nothing more. Besides, I knew from the beginning she's in denial with that new-and douche- kid.

"If there's a possibility that you'll find her, do tell us alright?" Beth grinned. I nodded, returning the gesture.

"No problem, man."

With a wave, I left the girls to themselves. Yes she's merely a friend, but I can't deny that she's grown like a sister to me. I'm worried of her safety, and it wasn't for her to likely disappear without a reason.

I was far too busy to keep my attention forward, that my chest slammed against someone else's.

Ah, the familiar face.

Regular POV //

Robbie rubbed his shoulder with a small smirk, fixing the straps on his bag. He gave a cocky chuckle.

"Fancy seeing you here, love."

"'Can't really say the same for you. Now, where have you taken her?"

Robbie's brows raised in surprise.

"Y-You knew? ...Fine, I guess it's no point in hiding it. I.. I asked her out yesterday, and we kinda made out a lil' bit, she's a fantastic kisser by the way."

Alec was fuming, "You made a move on her..?! I thought I've dealt with you already, /Kay/, do not bother my little Bookworm."

Alec was surprised when Robbie's face changed, from surprise to utter realization. He let out a laugh before shaking his head.

"W-wait, I thought we were speaking of Rebecca here, my bad. Your bookworm? Miss Innocent?" Robbie paused and looked around, "Haven't seen her yet. Maybe she's late?"

The taller figure gave him a silly look, "'You kiddin' me, man? Tell me you know her well enough that she dislikes to be tardy without a specific reason."

He shook his head in irritation, and strode towards the remaining campus, continuing to search for his fellow friend, leaving a surprised and confused teenage boy to ponder the same question.

Alec found no trace of you, from inside restrooms, to janitor's closets. Gyms to studios. Classes to classes. Rooftops to basements.

He took his seat on a table, as his stared at his lunch. The said lunch period would end in 10 minutes, so he wouldn't have as much time to enjoy his food. Most of his lunch time consisted of searching, so he thought to give himself a little break. He dug his hands in his pockets, and his eyes widened.

"Oh, damn damn, I'm so stupid!"

He mentally facepalmed, of course he completely forgot about the fact that you gave him his number. His hands quickly dialed your number, muttering 'Pick up the phone' as he continued to wait.

"H-hello..?" Your voice was cracking and hoarse, luckily it was healing.

"Man, are ya' sick? Y-You-You could've really given me a warning y'know?! I was hella worried sick here."

"...I'm... not.. s-sick.."

His brows furrowed, "Wh-what? Your voice is tellin' me otherwise, Ponyboy don't lie to-"

"Please... let me.. go.."

"Let you- what? H-Hello?! Have you gotten nuts?!"

His eyes were filled with concern. He was positive he'd heard a silent sob escape from the other line, but soon his ears were filled with a deep, masculine voice.

"Ah, you're Robbie, I assume?"

"...What have you done to my friend?"

'Robbie?!'