- x -

You've attempted to avoid Robbie the next day after the embarrassing incident. Your friends knew of the sensitive topic, and decided to be cooperative in avoiding to discuss it. It wasn't the fact that you hated him for doing what he's done. It was more of the fact that you kinda wished it meant something, not just a silly kiss that he'd give as a teasing manner. Maybe a hint that he actually held feelings for you? To be perfectly honest, even you were confused to why you're thinking such peculiar thoughts. For god's sake, he's just another playboy- which you've unfortunately kinda fell for. As much as you tried to convince yourself that you disliked him, and that you held absolutely no feelings for him, your heart kept shouting otherwise. You didn't want to risk yourself in being an idiot in the end, which is why you've repeatedly told yourself to just avoid him.

You glanced at your phone scanning the time, approximately 20 minutes before the first bell rings. You were more than relieved that you hadn't bumped into 'you-know-who', but then you remembered that he happened to be your partner for your class project, hooray. Beth seemed to have noticed your sudden gloomy expression, her brows furrowing in concern.

"What's the matter? Something bothering you still?"

You sighed, slowly shutting your locker, "N- Actually yes. How will I deal with him during first period? I mean- for sure he will try to throw comments about it."

Ella raised a hand and rubbed your forearm in attempts of comfort, "Don't worry. If anything, just try your best to ignore him. You'll be fine."

You hoped and prayed that she was right. You didn't wish to deal with him nor his snarky remarks today. You were far too tired, not to mention, embarrassed.

As if you still held any hope, the last ounce left your body as the bell screamed for the students to scamper to their classes. You were
positive that you had to drag your feet, as your body refuses to move due to your stubbornness.

As usual, you were the first to arrive eyeing your empty seat before you filled it. Shrugging off your bag, you impatiently waited for 'him' to take his seat. You were tired, all you wanted was to get this period over with so you wouldn't have to suffer dealing with him. The agenda on the board clearly showed that you will have to cope with him for the rest of the hour, the project due by the end of the said period, and is to be presented the next day. You dropped your head, sure you were intelligent, but public speaking was definitely not your type. If anything, your legs would shake uncontrollably. Even the whole school knew of your little phobia, which lead to why they would easily shrug off the topic when you refused to speak on any presentation. However, you knew partner had no knowledge of your fear, and you could easily be positive that he would persuade you until you've given up.

You didn't notice his arrival, until you felt a pressure from the opposite seat. Lifting up your head, you were surprised his attention wasn't focused on you, but the board. His eyes narrowed as if silently reading the schedule for today's period, leaning back once he finished. He turned his head towards your direction, a smirk tugging on his lips. Sigh, here we go again.

"Am I that attractive that you needed to stare & drool?"

Gasping, you wiped your lips, rather surprised when you didn't really feel anything, "I wasn't drooling!" Staring, yes.

"You were just about to," he laughed at the sight of your reddened cheeks. Your heart skipped a beat just from the sound of his laughter. 'Damn him.'

His laughter died down as an unfamiliar person walked into the room. The class fell silent, was Mr. Johnson absent?

"Good Morning, students. I'm Ms. Parker, your substitute teacher. Mr. Johnson left an unfortunate message that he won't be able to attend today nor tomorrow, due to the fact that he has fallen ill. According to his ...agenda he," she paused reading over at the paper on her desk, "specifically asked for students to continue working on their projects."

She seemed nice in your opinion, unlike Mr. Johnson who always had that scummy look on his face. She tucked a few of her stray blond hair behind her ear, taking a seat, before glancing at the students who looked at her, all dumbfounded.

"Well? Start your work!"

In a snap, the students rushed to the back room, scrambling to grab their tri-folds. You stood up to grab yours, and your partner's, as well but a hand wrapped around your wrist, stopping you from your foolish actions.

"Let go, we have to finish this by-"

"I'll get it."

His voice sounded firm, turning your head you met his soft gaze. Why was he suddenly acting like this? He released your hand when you slowly took your seat, while he stood up and nonchalantly walked to the back of the room. You could've sworn you saw them clear a passageway for him, but why wouldn't they? They knew of his behavior, and the last thing they needed was to release his rude attitude. On the contrary, why did he act that way towards you?

Not wanting to get sidetracked again through your thoughts, you sat on your seat and began pulling out your sketches from your binder. Wanting to help, you reached in his bag and rummaged through his stuff, in attempts to find his binder. Pencils, pencil shavings, some markers, a crumpled paper, some earphones, until finally you fished out his materials.

Just in time, he returned to his seat, the blank tri-fold between his fingertips.

As the period continued on, you noticed how he was relatively cooperative. Sure he would slip in a few jokes and all but wasn't that to be expected? He would add to your ideas, suggest, agree and disagree, it was almost like he wasn't acting like his normal self. Well, that was until he would ask about your cup size, or how great you'd look in shorts. Maybe there was something more to him that you hadn't known.

"Sorry for kissing you the other day," there goes that topic... wait, did he just apologize? Him? You've always thought 'sorry' wasn't in his vocabulary. Maybe he has changed, afterall..

"N-no, it's fine really."

He smirked, you caught it at the corner of your eyes, "Of course you'd say that. You probably thought I was a good kisser."

Nevermind, he's still the same.

-

- - Here I go again with the late updates. I've been really busy lately, so I do try to update as fast as I could. I've actually decided that I'll update once a week so I don't feel rushed to finish this story. :3