- iv -

This stranger, whom you've known for only a little while had been patiently listening to your rants about your hatred towards the new kid. You mentioned his overwhelming ego, annoying face, aggravating smirks, everything about him that reeked of a small spoiled brat. On top of that, what you hated most was his attitude, personality, and behavior. You never left out the embarrassing part, which was finding the tampons in your bag, but when was the last time you've had protection also?

His face contorted into a determined expression, thinking deeply, "Who knows? Maybe he put'em inside just to embarrass you more."

You felt your anger rise, but in attempts to lower it, you took a slow deep breath. Replying to his questions once you've regained yourself.

"Whether or not he did, my reputation is by far on its lowest. I can't even face my friends without them possibly bringing up the subject!"

Almost on the verge of tears, he noticed this, causing him to wrap an arm around your shoulder, patting in attempt to sooth you down. You appreciated his support, even if you hardly even knew him.

"Don't consider them as friends if they y'know.. tease you about it and such. Besides," he chuckled, "if he embarrassed ya, why not get payback?"

You laughed, and playfully punched his shoulder, wiping off the stray tear that fell from your eyes. You were quite surprised that even a stranger might even become your best companion. But you didn't want to consider him as a nobody anymore.

"Hey, I never really got your name?"

He grinned, "M'name's Alec, ma'am."

The bell had rung, signaling the end to your conversation with Alec, but it certainly didn't mean it won't continue for later. Even if you'd only known each other for a little time, he trusted you enough to share his phone number before he jogged to his class. It was obvious that he wasn't the type to simply walk in all tardy and cocky, unlike some people. With a calmer, and relaxed mind, you strode to your class, the insults that were thrown to you weren't that much a problem anymore.

As usual, your friends had saved a spot for you, and you took it with gratitude. It was readable from the puzzling gazes they shot you, that something might've occurred during their disappearance & that they would like to know as well. Without another word, you told the whole story.

Everything, down to the tampons incident, and the new kid, and yourself becoming the new laughing stock at the first day of your senior year.

Upon every word, they cringed in disgust towards the huge difference of his face and personality. Ella was the most concerned, but you assured her with a sincere smile that you were alright, and even added that you did gain some comfort from a new friend.

"But he's actually cute.."

Judy glared, "Beth! Now would be an awful time to comment on his appearance. I think he's a-uh.. uhm.."

"...well.." Beth's mouth fell agape. You blinked, deciding to continue their statement.

"Jerk? Yeah, practically."

Your friends however, quieted down for a particular reason that you hadn't known. Your brows raised in surprise to their sudden change of behavior, but you lifted up a hand, and waved it infront of Beth. Her gaze wasn't boring at your eyes though, instead the possible figure behind you.

"..Who's this 'jerk' if I may ask?"

The silence was broken, through the sound of your nervous gulping, and chair creaking as you turned around to meet his stern eyes.