23

LOUIS POV

"Good." I smiled up at him, giving his hand a tight squeeze before leading him up to the ticket stand.

It was only then that I took into account the height difference between us. I had always wanted to be seen as the more dominant piece of the relationship, yet I could not help but feel that something as small as Harry being taller than I, would have an effect on that. The thought caused for my smile to falter for a brief moment, unintentionally loosening my hold on his palm as a result.

"You alright, Lou?" Harry asked, his face portraying a light wash of concern.

"I'm fine, yeah. But quick question...Do you e-erm...Do you think I'm manly?" I asked, unable to contain my serious expression once he had snorted, presenting me with a look of misbelief as he chuckled into his palm.

Once his laughter had finally died down, he asked, "Wait...you're serious?" a smirk beginning to play at the corner of his mouth.

I groaned, hiding my face in embarrassment with the hand that was not in his grip, "Harry...answer the question."

It was silent for a while, as the curly-headed boy seemed to be deep in thought. Yet the ongoing silence only caused for my insecurity to fester, as I was made to believe by my own mind that the pause was simply Harry figuring out the best way to let me down gently.

I knew that height should not even be considered a topic for my insecurity, I had so much more to feel bad about. Not only about my body, but my weak personality as a whole. And yet I did not want to to be determined by others based solely on my height, I did not want for Harry to think of me as not enough and later seek somebody who could seemingly take care of him. Because, deep down, I knew that I was not enough for him; every fibre in my body screamed it at me on a constant 24/7 loop. But I wanted to be enough, I really did.

"I think you're daddy as fuck." He nodded down at me.

I choked on my own saliva, bursting into a coughing fit as a result, whilst Harry being Harry patted my back in order to help it die down. It was quite frankly a natural reaction, I had thought, due to the fact that such words had fallen from his mouth in such a delicate, yet obscenely attractive way. I had never thought that I would find the word 'daddy' attractive, and yet there I was, doing my best to control the blood flooding into my groin.

Once I had finally recovered, I spoke, "Be serious, please. You're taller than me, by quite a lot, surely that makes you feel more manly?"

He laughed, his emerald eyes reflecting the bright, coloured lights, his voice barely a whisper among the mixture of heavy music and high-pitched screams, "I love your height, it's... how do I put it?"

"Feminine, embarrassing?" I supplied.

"It's misleading," Harry concluded, "It's a good thing, trust me."

"First of all that's a good thing...because? And second of all, how the hell is it misleading?" I questioned, entranced and only slightly distracted at the way in which his lip constantly seemed to twitch up into a permanent smirk.

"Because from a glance, you seem like you'd bottom, and well...that's clearly not the case." He laughed, slapping my arse lightly as we continued to walk to the stand. Which only caused for me to blush at the out of character gesture.