27

(Please read A/N at the end, also slight trigger warning. xx)
-

LOUIS POV

Knocking.

The sound of a knuckle colliding against the door bought me to consciousness. To say that I felt rested would have been a complete lie.

Although I was aware that technically my mind had been resting, it felt as if it had never stopped. A bundle of pain was beginning to form itself behind my temples.

It was quite frankly the last thing that I needed.

The light filtered on throughout the cracks in the curtains, illuminating the room in the most awful way.

I had yet to recollect everything that had gone on yesterday, and so I made my way toward the door as if on autopilot.

"Hey, Louis!"

I bought my hands to my eyes in order to wipe away at the sleep that had accumulated.

"You alright mate?" I asked, taking in the appearance of Stan, his football cleats dangling from his hands by the laces.

"You know me, always ready to hang out with my boyfr-best friend." He stuttered out, a blush coming up to his cheeks.

I failed to find the colouring upon his face cute, if anything I found it repulsive. I was having some serious Harry withdrawals.

My eyebrows shot up at his stutter, "Fair enough, let me get ready."

"Did I wake you?"

I sent him a look of disbelief, "Yes, you obviously did."

"Ooooh, someone's grouchy in the morning, some things never change do they?" Stan spoke out, causing for confusion to raise within me.

"You've only known me a few years? And you've never seen me in the morning?" I said, eyeing him up and down as if he had grown a new set of limbs.

"Oh," he coughed, "yeah, I mean...I could just assume?"

"Yeah yeah, okay." I said, brushing off his statement in order to get myself prepared for the day ahead.

Suspicion was bubbling deep within me, begging for my attention to be bought to it, and yet I brushed it aside as if it were nothing but a speck of dust. Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Boy was I wrong.

-

Shutting the door, I turned my attention to face Stan. It had taken me all but a mere few moments to collect my things, ensuring that he stood outside whilst I showered.

I was not risking anything, his new found obsession was weird to say the least.

"Excited?" He asked, shooting me an adoring smile that made bile rise to the tip of my throat.

"Yeah," I began, attempting to not let the sarcasm ooze from my vocal chords, "buzzing."

"I'm glad, I've missed you." Stan said.