38

Harry POV

"Okay, I'll go." I said.

I put down the phone, Zayn was visiting family and therefore was unable to go for himself, yet he had explained that he had a gut feeling about Louis. Apparently he had sent him a message and some instinct had told him that it was not right.

It had been absolutely soul destroying seeing him in the streets, his tattooed arms, his fluffy hair that never quite stayed in place, his smile that radiated the sun when I knew that deep down he was hurting, more than anyone.

But I had to look away, for both of our well-being, I wanted for us to move on. We were so reliant on one another that I had failed to notice the signs. The way he always wanted to help Stan, but never wanted to help himself.

In a sense I blamed myself for taking the trip, but what was a relationship full of sacrifices?

And yet as soon as I heard that he needed me, I did not hesitate for one moment. It could be for nothing, I could arrive and have to have my heart broken all over again by looking into those ocean eyes, or he could really need me, I failed to understand which of the two was the better option.

I looked at the door in front of me, bracing myself for his laughter to devour me. I knocked.

There was no response.

I knocked again.

No response.

My heartbeat started to accelerate now as I searched under the house-mat for the spare key. Any other person would think he was out, but the light was on, he had an obsession with always turning off the lights when he left. So much so that halfway up the street he would sometimes make us return just to ensure that he had in fact turned off the switch.

I felt the metal against my skin, my hand was shaking as I entered it into the door, twisting it slightly before calling out his name.

It was eerily quiet. I did not like that one bit.

I checked his room first, no one there. This felt awfully familiar and yet foreign at the exact same time.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted something that would change my life forever. A pool of blood, escaping from underneath the bedroom floor.

I did not hesitate one moment, I pulled the phone from my pocket and dialled for the ambulance. I had yet to go inside, but my mind was becoming increasingly more fuzzy. I had tunnel vision, the operators voice on the other line was quiet, almost inaudible.

I opened the door, a scream left my mouth involuntarily. He was so pale, so pale. The bright red floor standing out in contrast against his white skin.

"What's happened, love, are you still there?" The operator spoke.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I'm so sorry, Louis." I fell to my knees, clutching his head in my arms and feeling my soul leave me as I sobbed.

"We're on our way okay, is there a pulse?" They spoke.

"You hear that, Lou? They're on their way, okay. Just hold on for me, please. Just hold on for me."