V

It wasn't a dream.

FP and I actually kissed.

My red lipstick left a faint tint to his lips.

The feeling of his soft lips left butterflies in my stomach.

He got Jug to take me home on his bike.

What the hell am I gonna tell my dad?

I walk up to the front door and try to sneak in without a sound. The front door clicks shut, and I hear Jughead ride off on his bike. Bless that boy for not asking questions. I breathe a sigh of relief and slink upstairs. Once I get to my bedroom I flick on the light and collapse onto my bed.

I kissed FP Jones.

I still can't believe it.

Holding my face in my hands, sprawled across my bed, I squeal to myself. I have to let out my excitement somehow.

"Where have you been?" Kev asks, jolting me out of my own little world. I snap upright immediately, trying to compose myself. I clear my throat.

"Uh, I went out."

Kev raises his eyebrow at me, expecting more detail than that.

"For a college graduate you're a terrible liar, Kim." He responds, shaking his head with a smile on his face.

I sigh.

"What, you can keep Chic from everyone, but I can't have my own secrets?" I try, worried I've somehow already said too much.

"Fair enough," Kev retreats, raising his hands in defeat. "You look hot, good job pulling that together without me." He adds, jokingly cocky but with a proud smile.

I let out a laugh and thank him before he sees himself out of my bedroom and back down the hall to his own room. I sigh, still feeling like I'm dreaming.

I wake up the next morning to an empty home. However, there's a knock on the door, startling me slightly. I tighten the tie of my robe and answer the door.

"Well, hello there, Kim." FP greets with a smirk, scanning my body, and making me blush. "Breakfast at Pop's?" He suggests, looking at me excitedly, clearly hoping for a yes.

"I work in an hour," I sigh.

"We can make it quick." He replies, insistently, smiling down at me.

"And I still need to get ready," I add, nervous of any allegations that could come our way. The last thing I need is for someone to tell my dad about anything they see. FP sighs.

"Come on, Kimberly. You practically ran out on me last night. Is something wrong?" He tries, stepping closer to the doorway. He looks hurt, and it hurts me to know I hurt him.

I gesture for him to come inside and sigh, closing the front door quickly.

"FP..." I start, trying to avoid his beautiful, warm eyes.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done it, but please don't try to tell me it was a mistake. We both know it wasn't."

My lips reach his, and his hands snake around my waist gently wrapping me in his arms. Our lips move together like a couple dancing the tango, smooth and sexy. My lipstick starts to smear on his lips, but neither of us could care. The electricity shooting between us feels unreal. I rest my hands on his shoulders, pulling away.

"I– I should go," I breathe, quickly turning away before I change my mind.

"Let Jug take you home," he offers, sounding defeated.

I turn my head and nod before leaving the room and finding Jug.

"No," I agree. "It wasn't a mistake. I hold not an ounce of regret over what happened, but-" I pause, trying to choose my words carefully. "We have to be careful. The last thing I want is for my dad to find out. He would lose his mind." I explain, earning a nod from FP.

"You had me worried there, Kim." He admits, chuckling to himself. "I thought I freaked you out or something. And the last thing I want is to worry that I took advantage of you."

This man makes my heart melt.

"No," I reassure him with a growing smile. "Not at all. We just can't be going around town acting like a couple."

"Oh," his lips curl up into his signature smirk as he walks closer to me. "So, we gotta sneak around?" He proposes, his hand brushing away hair from my face, just like my dream.

The haunting familiarity of the action makes me shiver. He notices and smiles more wickedly, his eyes boring into mine. My eyes scan his face frantically again, the same as last night. He moves his hands to my waist, pulling me closer to him. Before I can process the situation, his lips reunite with mine. I reach my hands up to the nape of his neck, pulling him down closer to me.

Our kiss progresses as our tongues get involved. Neither of us want to stop, but I need to come up for air. Still feeling needy, FP starts to kiss my neck just under my ear. 

FP sees himself out after I remind him I have work. While getting ready, I  notice a tiny hickey forming where he kissed my neck. I brush my fingertips over it lightly, trying to think of how I'll hide that from everyone. He's lucky it's high up enough that my hair conceals it just fine.

Just after Alice and I finish lunch, Kevin storms into the office, frantic and out of breath.

"Kev, what is it?" I ask, immediately standing, concerned.

He stops, catching his breath, and I notice his lip start to tremble.

"Kev..?"

His lip quivers and tears build in his eyes. He strides over and wraps his arms around me. I feel his tears fall onto my shoulder. I look up to see Alice silently excuse herself to give us a moment alone.

"Josie..." he lets out a sob before trying to continue with his words. "She said– she... She said..." I hold him as he cries, while anxiously awaiting what he's about to say. "Her mom is having an affair with Dad." He finally chokes out, letting more tears and sobs escape him after he hears himself say it.

My heart breaks.

How could Dad do that to Mom?

Sure, she's not around, but they're still married. And they're still in love.

Aren't they?